PepsiCo performance wows with surprising sparkle
As PepsiCo's leadership team presented the group's results yesterday (7 July) they could have summed up their core message to investors with a blast from the past: "You've got a lot to live, and Pepsi's got a lot to give". That slogan from the early 1970s would be too tame for today's app hungry consumers and investors who demand infinite fizz in terms of products, ideas and healthy dollar returns. But the slogan did sum up the mood as PepsiCo reported second-quarter profit that beat analysts' estimates and the firm boosted its full-year forecast, helped by rising sales of snacks and soft drinks in North America.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Mondelez takes thinner Oreos to Germany