Focus: Premier asset sales fail to quell concerns
Premier Foods plc, the UK food group, today (6 July) announced another asset sale. It has sold ethnic flour business Elephant Atta to Associated British Foods, its latest disposal of businesses it deems "non core" as it looks to strengthen its finances. There are some concerns, however, that the deals already announced - and those in the offing - will be enough to ease the pressure on Premier. Dean Best reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Weetabix gets new private-equity investor
- Cadbury to cut Australian jobs
- Arla expands in Egypt with Juhayna JV
- Food industry news of week: GMOs, Arla, Mondelez
- DMK to shut two ice cream plants