Focus: Premier asset sales fail to quell concerns
Premier Foods plc, the UK food group, today (6 July) announced another asset sale. It has sold ethnic flour business Elephant Atta to Associated British Foods, its latest disposal of businesses it deems "non core" as it looks to strengthen its finances. There are some concerns, however, that the deals already announced - and those in the offing - will be enough to ease the pressure on Premier. Dean Best reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's global push for Danonino – interview
- How Hormel Foods can benefit from Justin's
- Colian hungry for international growth - interview
- The balancing act at Amy's Kitchen - interview
- How discounters unsettling Australia's food sector
- Nestle sets new savings target
- US food labels to include "added sugars" info
- ConAgra focusing on core with Spicetec sale
- Premier takes control of powders JV Knighton
- Kraft Heinz to expand US plant