In the spotlight: Premier Foods aims to bring home bread with Hovis JV
Premier Foods plc announced earlier this week that it will establish its bread business as a standalone joint venture, in which US private equity firm Gores Group will hold a majority stake. The company clearly hopes that - in conjunction with its new partner - it will be able to rejuvenate its the struggling bakery unit. Nevertheless, a number of challenges lie ahead for the heavily indebted UK food major. Katy Askew reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nomad's post-Iglo opportunities
- Comment: Nestle reacts to world of 3G and Buffett
- Focus: Can Arla jump-start UK flavoured milk?
- What the analysts say: Nestle's Q1
- The just-food interview: Bega Cheese CEO
- Arla to launch protein dairy drink in UK
- Pork Farms' Kerry pastry deal nears green light
- McCormick to move roles to Poland
- UPDATE: Iglo Foods sold to Nomad for EUR2.6bn
- ABF grocery profits up but pressure on bread