In the spotlight: Premier Foods aims to bring home bread with Hovis JV
Premier Foods plc announced earlier this week that it will establish its bread business as a standalone joint venture, in which US private equity firm Gores Group will hold a majority stake. The company clearly hopes that - in conjunction with its new partner - it will be able to rejuvenate its the struggling bakery unit. Nevertheless, a number of challenges lie ahead for the heavily indebted UK food major. Katy Askew reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- On the money: Unilever shifting into growth spots
- Indian conglomerate ITC sets out FMCG ambition
- On the money: Danone denies strategy overhaul
- Why whole sector should take heed of meat scrutiny
- The just-food interview: Premier Foods CEO Darby
- Chobani bid for fresh UK appeal rejected
- Kellogg to close US snack plant
- Danone UK ad banned over unauthorised claims
- Danone takes Mars yoghurts into more markets
- Tyson sells Mexico, Brazil ops to JBS