Preventing the Escalation of BSE in Europe - Too Little, Too Late?
The worsening of the BSE crisis in recent months prompts us to ask whether this was inevitable or whether the European Commission might have done more to avert it. There's a general impression in the beef sector that the action plan announced by Brussels in December - an EU-wide ban on the use of meat and bone meal in animal feed and the exclusion of cattle carcasses more than 30 months old from the food chain - more or less meets the challenge. But shouldn't this have come years ago?
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Unilever sets packaging target