Shopper trends: Prices of own-label and brands converge
In a major consumer recession like the one we've experienced in recent years, one would expect own label to be 30-40% cheaper than brands. But retailers are allowing that price gap to close, writes IRI's Tim Eales.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- M&A Watch: Why Danone/Lifeway deal could be next
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- Sustainability Watch: WhiteWave Foods
- Shopper trends: Some confidence but promos popular
- How City reacted to Tesco's profit over-statement
- General Mills Q1 profits tumble
- WhiteWave to buy dairy-free firm So Delicious
- Sales, operating profit up at Quorn Foods
- Arla: New Vigor deal to boost our Brazil presence
- General Mills plans to close two US plants