Shopper trends: Private-label prices close in on brands
The last quarter's just-food international basket, compiled exclusively by IRI, highlights a continued rise in the price of private-label products in each of the eight countries monitored by the data. At the same time, the price of national food brands is decreasing in those countries worse hit by the continued economic turbulence - namely Spain, Italy and Greece where the presence of deflation underscores the seriousness of the austerity measures.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid