Restaurant Brands International to buy Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen, Freshii eyes UK - foodservice focus, February 2017
Brazil-based private-equity group 3G Capital grabbed the FMCG industry headlines in February with Kraft Heinz's ultimately unsuccessful play for Unilever. However, one 3G-backed company did clinch a deal - and it was in the foodservice sector. Elsewhere, Canadian fast-casual chain Freshii was looking to enter the UK and US fast-food operator Carl's Jr was reported to be embarking on its latest push in India.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant