BRICs and beyond: Russia's X5 struggles to deliver on strategic objectives
X5 Retail Group has had a turbulent year. Management changes and a significant strategic shift that has sidelined the importance of M&A to the group's expansion plans have combined with an intensely competitive market to leave Russia's largest retailer losing share to its peers. Katy Askew suggests the next 12 months will be telling for the company.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- On the money: Unilever shifting into growth spots
- On the money: Danone denies strategy overhaul
- Why whole sector should take heed of meat scrutiny
- The just-food interview: Premier Foods CEO Darby
- On the money: Hershey confident in NPD pipeline
- Chobani bid for fresh UK appeal rejected
- Kellogg to close US snack plant
- 2 Sisters "passes" FSA poultry plant audits
- Danone takes Mars yoghurts into more markets
- Tyson sells Mexico, Brazil ops to JBS