Analysis: Samworth Brothers swoops for Soreen
UK food group Samworth Brothers supplies own-label products and brands to the country's retailers - although private-label accounts for the majority of sales. However, in a surprise deal, Samworth has moved to buy the fruit and malt loaf brand Soreen. Hannah Abdulla looks into the move.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- What next for Nestle under new CEO Schneider?
- Unilever is "working harder" in tough environment
- Nestle catering for an ageing global population
- What post-Brexit trade with the EU could look like
- Hemp food sales in the US set for growth
- Unilever sees growth but spreads decline continues
- Job cuts imminent as General Mills restructures
- Campbell's Soup's sustainable growth strategy
- Arla Foods unveils strategy for growth up to 2020
- Lindt organic sales miss market expectations