Shake-up at Heinz to Make Profits Flow
HJ Heinz Company is currently implementing Operation Excel - a radical restructuring programme designed to realise cost savings of $215 million, the main thrust of which will be in Europe, and to position the company for sustained global growth in its six core food categories. The savings being unlocked by Operation Excel are helping to accelerate investment behind Heinz's brands while also funding expansion through acquisition, as exemplified by the company's recent global campaign for Heinz Tomato Ketchup and its acquisition of UB Frozen and Chilled Foods. By Mike Rohan.Heinz achieved global sales of $9.3 billion last year with its US operations accounting for just over half of the total. The original 57 varieties have now been expanded to more than 5,700 which are sold in more than 200 countries worldwide.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK