Deal or no deal: "Stalking horse" Flowers eyes Hostess bread brands
Flowers Foods showed its hand when it emerged as the "stalking horse" bidder for parts of Hostess Brands' bread business, notably the Wonder and Nature's Pride brands. While the deal is not yet in the bag, Flowers has clearly emerged as the front-runner to snap up a significant chunk of Hostess' bread interests. Katy Askew takes a look at the impact the potential acquisition could have on Flowers.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why Heinz-Kraft merger could herald more deals
- The challenges awaiting ConAgra's new CEO
- Focus: Can Mars gain share in Indian chocolate?
- Analysis: Is Heinz, Kraft merger "a growth story"?
- Interview: FrieslandCampina eyes Gulf expansion
- Mondelez coy on Philadelphia sale rumours
- Fatal explosion at French desserts firm Senagral
- Aryzta buys 49% of French retailer Picard
- Infographic: Heinz, Kraft unveil combined business
- Buffett: Kraft Heinz to withstand health focus