Deal or no deal: "Stalking horse" Flowers eyes Hostess bread brands
Flowers Foods showed its hand when it emerged as the "stalking horse" bidder for parts of Hostess Brands' bread business, notably the Wonder and Nature's Pride brands. While the deal is not yet in the bag, Flowers has clearly emerged as the front-runner to snap up a significant chunk of Hostess' bread interests. Katy Askew takes a look at the impact the potential acquisition could have on Flowers.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Rise of prepared foods in US grocers - analysis
- How are brands organising for e-commerce?
- Hershey results, outlook, M&A - the top takeaways
- Free-from firm BFree Foods - bitesize interview
- More M&A likely at McCormick - editor's viewpoint
- Kellogg launches Special K breakfast quiches
- Fazer buys European biscuit brands from Mondelez
- Murray Goulburn accused of "misleading" the market
- Dole faces DoJ probe over listeria outbreak
- Amplify Snack Brands acquires Boundless Nutrition