Talking shop December 2015 – Lawson, Couche-Tard and Morrisons
December saw some significant developments in the convenience channel in a number of markets, with Japan's Lawson Inc plotting a strategic alliance with Three F, Couche-Tard acquiring an Irish operator, its Canadian rival Sobeys launching a convenience concept and Morrisons returning to the sector in the UK. In other news, it emerged Kroger plans to trial a store format in the US while Lidl is continuing the march of the discounters across Europe. Here is just-food's round up of the big news stories from the world of grocery retail last month.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units