Talking shop December 2015 – Lawson, Couche-Tard and Morrisons
December saw some significant developments in the convenience channel in a number of markets, with Japan's Lawson Inc plotting a strategic alliance with Three F, Couche-Tard acquiring an Irish operator, its Canadian rival Sobeys launching a convenience concept and Morrisons returning to the sector in the UK. In other news, it emerged Kroger plans to trial a store format in the US while Lidl is continuing the march of the discounters across Europe. Here is just-food's round up of the big news stories from the world of grocery retail last month.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg's 1894 fund debut investment in Kuli Kuli