Tesco sets the stage for Indian expansion
Tesco has unveiled plans to enter the Indian retail market by establishing a wholesale business in Mumbai. The UK-retailer has also inked a deal to help expand Tata Group's hypermarket chain Star Bazaar. While Tesco's level of investment remains relatively small, the move clearly sets the stage for future expansion into India's burgeoning organised retail sector. Katy Humphries reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat