What the analysts say: Tesco's turnaround plan bearing early fruit?
UK retailer Tesco booked better-than-expected UK sales over the key Christmas trading period as the group benefited from the various initiatives under its domestic turnaround plan. The group has invested in improving its customer proposition over the past nine months. UK shoppers have responded positively, driving like-for-like sales gains. However, the City reaction has been somewhat mixed, with some analysts highlighting last year's weak comparables while others have hailed Tesco's early gains.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- M&A Watch: Why Danone/Lifeway deal could be next
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- Sustainability Watch: WhiteWave Foods
- Shopper trends: Some confidence but promos popular
- Focus: Gen Mills turns to M&A to bolster US ops
- General Mills Q1 profits tumble
- Sales, operating profit up at Quorn Foods
- WhiteWave to buy dairy-free firm So Delicious
- Campbell launches soups for use in dishes
- Young's Seafood plays down impact of Kilron U-turn