In the Spotlight: The battle to be “Britain’s biggest discounter”
As the economic climate deteriorates in the UK, retailers are responding to the increasingly value-conscious concerns of consumers by cutting prices. In answer to a round of price cuts from Asda, Tesco has launched a fresh offensive in the escalating price war with the introduction of 350 new products under the 'Market Value' and 'Discounter' ranges. But is this enough to satisfy shoppers' hunger for value? Katy Humphries reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target