The Euro Diet
The results of a 2-year project co-ordinated by the University of Crete and paid for by the EU's Directorate General for Health & Consumer Protection have recently been reported (see http://eurodiet.med.uoc.gr ) The experts were given carte blanche to tell us what and how much they thought we should eat and what the dietary goals for EU consumers should be - the "euro diet". Their recommendations will feed into the French Presidency this autumn and may yet end up as EU policies.The aims of the project were, "To enable a co-ordinated EU and member state health promotion programme on nutrition, diet and healthy lifestyles by establishing a network, strategy and action plan for the development of European dietary guidelines, which will provide a framework for the development by member states of national food-based dietary targets". Leading scientists from the member states and eastern European countries, and policy advisers and representatives from national and European agencies and NGOs made their contribution to the project. There was also input from representatives from the food chain industry and from educational, medical, social and consumer organisations. The four inter-linked components examined in the project were;
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review