Talking shop: The growth of the value variety retailer
Dutch value retailer Hema last week announced its planned foray into the UK market with the launch of two London stores by the summer. The move follows the flotation of Poundland on the London Stock Exchange and underline value retailers becoming a more serious player in the UK. But do the country's major food retailers have a serious competitor on their hands? Hannah Abdulla reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
Today I can offer you 30 days access for $1 - PLUS a free copy of the 174-page eBook ‘Food For Thought’, worth $34.99.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 10 Things to Learn - JBS's acquisition of Moy Park
- M&A Watch - ConAgra should divest Commercial Foods
- How the CGF plans to halve global food waste
- Focus: Will synergies lift Ahold Delhaize in US?
- Focus: Battle against antimicrobial resistance
- General Mills to axe 675-725 jobs
- CMA "accepts" Muller's revised Dairy Crest offer
- ConAgra confirms private-label exit
- Kellogg eyes trends with product launches
- 7-Eleven launches premium private label lines