Talking shop: The growth of the value variety retailer
Dutch value retailer Hema last week announced its planned foray into the UK market with the launch of two London stores by the summer. The move follows the flotation of Poundland on the London Stock Exchange and underline value retailers becoming a more serious player in the UK. But do the country's major food retailers have a serious competitor on their hands? Hannah Abdulla reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why data is key to shopper satisfaction
- Interview: Premier sets sights overseas
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- Short-termism decides Chiquita's future
- Sustainability Watch: Roberto Ciati, Barilla
- Glanbia chairman to step down
- General Mills to launch "Ancient Grains" Cheerios
- Hershey lowers FY sales, earnings forecasts
- Kellogg earnings beat forecast but sales pressured
- Mondelez evaluating Oreo production in Morocco
- Supermarkets in China
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Pubs & Bars in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Consumer Trends Analysis: Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Chinese Confectionery Food Market
- Kerry Group plc - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report