Talking shop: The growth of the value variety retailer
Dutch value retailer Hema last week announced its planned foray into the UK market with the launch of two London stores by the summer. The move follows the flotation of Poundland on the London Stock Exchange and underline value retailers becoming a more serious player in the UK. But do the country's major food retailers have a serious competitor on their hands? Hannah Abdulla reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: Danone CEO Faber puts stamp on business
- Cleaning up Tesco will have mixed supplier impact
- General Mills US "priority" categories gain share
- The just-food interview: Doux CEO Arnaud Marion
- Interview part 2: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- General Mills outlines "aggressive" NPD drive
- Coles supplier payments broke competition law
- Lay's heads "billionaire food brands" list
- General Mills earnings drop one-third
- Kraft to reappraise business, says new CEO Cahill