Talking shop: The growth of the value variety retailer
Dutch value retailer Hema last week announced its planned foray into the UK market with the launch of two London stores by the summer. The move follows the flotation of Poundland on the London Stock Exchange and underline value retailers becoming a more serious player in the UK. But do the country's major food retailers have a serious competitor on their hands? Hannah Abdulla reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- On the money: Danone denies strategy overhaul
- The just-food interview: Premier Foods CEO Darby
- On the money: Unilever shifting into growth spots
- Comment: Danone could be mulling strategy shift
- Focus: Progress but Campbell faces questions
- Unilever sees lacklustre H1 food sales
- PepsiCo H1 profits up, forecast raised
- Hovis eyes Leicester bakery closure
- M&A-hungry dairy co-op Agropur in Davisco deal
- Australian dairy innovation "hub" targets Asia