Talking shop: The growth of the value variety retailer
Dutch value retailer Hema last week announced its planned foray into the UK market with the launch of two London stores by the summer. The move follows the flotation of Poundland on the London Stock Exchange and underline value retailers becoming a more serious player in the UK. But do the country's major food retailers have a serious competitor on their hands? Hannah Abdulla reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Deal or no deal: Frozen sale makes sense for Kerry
- On the money: How Greencore is outperforming
- Comment: Mondelez digital strategy suffers blow
- Shopper trends: Promos can mean higher prices
- JBS sees big opportunity from Primo Smallgoods
- Kerry puts frozen food unit on block - reports
- Coca-Cola eyes long-term rewards with dairy push
- Post issues warning over US cereal sector sales
- UPDATE: Greencore eyes US$1bn US business
- Abraaj outbids Kellogg with fresh Bisco Misr offer