Looks matter: The importance of packaging in the food and beverage sector
They say you can't judge a book by its cover. The same argument would suggest that you can't judge a food product by the way it is wrapped. This perception has meant that in the past, not as much attention has been paid to the look of products as might have been expected. But companies are waking up to a missed opportunity and starting to exploit the marketing aspects of packaging, as Hugh Westbrook reports
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant