Cooking oils: The next big thing in functional food
Functional foods first found a wide audience in Japan, and it is in the Japanese market that many trends in this booming sector first emerge. The latest arena in which health-enhancing foods have risen to prominence is somewhat unusual, namely cooking oils. Three of Japan's market leaders are battling it out to corner the market for cholesterol-lowering oils. Kate Rew reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin