Safeway sale: the supply-side impact in the UK
Five bidders are currently in the battle to acquire UK supermarket chain Safeway. Retailers Asda, Morrisons, Sainsbury's and Tesco have all shown interest, as has retail entrepreneur Philip Green. As the Competition Commission continues its deliberation, Euromonitor International looks at the effect each possible outcome would have on the UK grocery market.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth