DATA: The top ten most-chosen food brands in Brazil
BRF's Qualy brand overtook Nestle's Maggi in Kantar Worldpanel's last study of food "brand footprints" in Brazil
Qualy, the margarine brand owned by Brazilian food group BRF, leapfrogged Nestle's Maggi as the food brand purchased most often in the Latin American country last year, according to Kantar Worldpanel's latest data on brand "footprints" worldwide.
Kantar's Brand Footprint ranking, in its second year, seeks to show the brands being bought by the most households, the most often.
As in 2012, Maggi topped the worldwide poll for 2013 but was nudged off the top spot in Brazil.
Kantar told just-food Maggi's "penetration" and frequency of purchase fell in Brazil last year - while Qualy's scores on both measures were "stable".
For 30 days' full access to just-food for only GBP1, EUR1 or US$1, click here.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Brf Brasil Foods SA is the result of a complex 2009 merger between Perdigão Agroindustrial and Sadia SA. The company has had the benefit of a dynamic domestic Brazilian market which has helped it to g...
After the conclusion of the migration of industrial units to Marfrig as part of CADE’s (Council of Economic Defense) agreement on the merger process between Sadia and Perdigão, several institutional c...
Nestle this week admitted 3G Capital and Warren Buffett's investments in the food industry had led to "accelerate" efforts to "adjust" its portfolio. The food giant was also one of the companies repor...
Vegetable oil refers to palm oil, soybean oil, canola oil, sunflower oil, peanut oil, coconut oil, olive oil, cottonseed oil, and corn oil. Apart from cooking, vegetable oil is also used to produce bi...
- just-food's pick: Innovation on show at ISM 2016
- Mondelez results and outlook - 7 things to learn
- Richelieu Foods CEO eyes growth - interview
- Foodservice focus: McDonald's/Five Guys/Starbucks
- Can dairy-free Flora lift Unilever spreads sales?
- Chobani targets growth after rejecting offers
- Mars to cut artificial colours from global foods
- Private-equity firm HKW acquires Panos Brands
- Arla eyes job cuts as part of 2020 growth push
- WWF launches food security platform