DATA: The top ten most-chosen food brands in Brazil
BRF's Qualy brand overtook Nestle's Maggi in Kantar Worldpanel's last study of food "brand footprints" in Brazil
Qualy, the margarine brand owned by Brazilian food group BRF, leapfrogged Nestle's Maggi as the food brand purchased most often in the Latin American country last year, according to Kantar Worldpanel's latest data on brand "footprints" worldwide.
Kantar's Brand Footprint ranking, in its second year, seeks to show the brands being bought by the most households, the most often.
As in 2012, Maggi topped the worldwide poll for 2013 but was nudged off the top spot in Brazil.
Kantar told just-food Maggi's "penetration" and frequency of purchase fell in Brazil last year - while Qualy's scores on both measures were "stable".
For 30 days' full access to just-food for only GBP1, EUR1 or US$1, click here.
Vegetable oil refers to palm oil, soybean oil, canola oil, sunflower oil, peanut oil, coconut oil, olive oil, cottonseed oil, and corn oil. Apart from cooking, vegetable oil is also used to produce bi...
In 2014, frozen processed food recorded a current growth rate of 14% in value terms, reaching R$6.2 billion in 2014. Despite of the leadership that Brf Brasil Food has in this category, the competitio...
Nestle this week admitted 3G Capital and Warren Buffett's investments in the food industry had led to "accelerate" efforts to "adjust" its portfolio. The food giant was also one of the companies repor...
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Nestle's focus on food for health - interview
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Healthier food a major opportunity for food makers
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016