DATA: The top ten most-chosen food brands in Brazil
BRF's Qualy brand overtook Nestle's Maggi in Kantar Worldpanel's last study of food "brand footprints" in Brazil
Qualy, the margarine brand owned by Brazilian food group BRF, leapfrogged Nestle's Maggi as the food brand purchased most often in the Latin American country last year, according to Kantar Worldpanel's latest data on brand "footprints" worldwide.
Kantar's Brand Footprint ranking, in its second year, seeks to show the brands being bought by the most households, the most often.
As in 2012, Maggi topped the worldwide poll for 2013 but was nudged off the top spot in Brazil.
Kantar told just-food Maggi's "penetration" and frequency of purchase fell in Brazil last year - while Qualy's scores on both measures were "stable".
For 30 days' full access to just-food for only GBP1, EUR1 or US$1, click here.
Bunge Limited (BG) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalDa...
Synopsis Canadean's "Bunge North America, Inc.: Ingredients - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company...
Brf Brasil Foods SA is the result of a complex 2009 merger between Perdigão Agroindustrial and Sadia SA. The company has had the benefit of a dynamic domestic Brazilian market which has helped it to g...
After the approval of CADE (Council of Economic Defense) of the merger between Sadia and Perdigão, which led to sales of brands and assets to other companies, Brf Brasil Foods have been focusing in st...
- Comment: Paying the price for eating healthily
- Focus: Will Danone return to growth in dairy?
- Why Nestle is relaxed about the China "drag"
- M&A Watch: Emmi shareholders should consider sale
- Focus: Why French retail deals could hit suppliers
- Nestle organic sales fall on Asia, Europe
- Danone "eyes acquisition of Mead Johnson"
- Heinz jobs in Australasia to go in restructuring
- Symington's acquires Tanfield Foods
- Heinz silent over Polish factory expansion talk