DATA: The top ten most-chosen food brands in Brazil
BRF's Qualy brand overtook Nestle's Maggi in Kantar Worldpanel's last study of food "brand footprints" in Brazil
Qualy, the margarine brand owned by Brazilian food group BRF, leapfrogged Nestle's Maggi as the food brand purchased most often in the Latin American country last year, according to Kantar Worldpanel's latest data on brand "footprints" worldwide.
Kantar's Brand Footprint ranking, in its second year, seeks to show the brands being bought by the most households, the most often.
As in 2012, Maggi topped the worldwide poll for 2013 but was nudged off the top spot in Brazil.
Kantar told just-food Maggi's "penetration" and frequency of purchase fell in Brazil last year - while Qualy's scores on both measures were "stable".
For 30 days' full access to just-food for only GBP1, EUR1 or US$1, click here.
Brf Brasil Foods SA is the result of a complex 2009 merger between Perdigão Agroindustrial and Sadia SA. The company has had the benefit of a dynamic domestic Brazilian market which has helped it to g...
After the approval of CADE (Council of Economic Defense) of the merger between Sadia and Perdigão, which led to sales of brands and assets to other companies, Brf Brasil Foods have been focusing in st...
A leader in oils and fats, Bunge has focused on other packaged food categories such as sauces, dressings and condiments after acquiring Etti and Etti Salsaretti from Hypermarcas at the end of 2011. Wi...
Introduction Global Food Products industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 20......
- M&A Watch: Raisio should sell to private equity
- Infographic: Snapshot of Japan's food sector
- On the money: Solid Lindt outpaces chocolate peers
- Spotlight: What could be impact of Russia's ban?
- On the money: Hain expects continued organic gains
- Russian government eases ban on food imports
- Pork Farms buys Kerry Group's pastry plants
- Kerry cools claim spreads move could hit jobs
- Dr Oetker to buy McCain North America pizza arm
- Profits up at chocolate group Lindt