DATA: The top ten most-chosen food brands in India
Parle leads India's biscuit sector
In India, local food brands dominate the list of the top ten food brands in the country.
According to data from Kantar Worldpanel's Brand Footprint study for 2013, only Nestle's Maggi was among the ten most-chosen brands in India last year, with Parle Products namesake brand again heading the list.
The top seven spots in the table remain constant, with Tata, Britannia, Nestle's Maggi and ITC's Sunfeast joining Parle in the first five.
Parle dominates the list, with its brand enjoying penetrating more than two-thirds of the market, Kantar said.
Parle claims to have a 40% share of the India's biscuit market and to account for 15% share of total confectionery sales in the country.
Britannia, at three, enjoys wider distribution but its "consumer reach point" score - Kantar's metric that measures how many households bought a brand and how often - lags Tata at two.
Maggi's "consumer reach point" score grew faster than Tata and Britannia in 2013.
Indian FMCG company Nirma Group, best known for making soaps and detergents, also has an interest in food and its eponymous salt brand broke into the top ten.
For 30 days' full access to just-food for only GBP1, EUR1 or US$1, click here.
Mars raised eyebrows in the US with support for calls for nutrition labels in the country to contain information on added sugar. Nestle has seen its infant formula production in South Africa hit by th...
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- How to win in Australian gluten-free cereal
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Healthier food a major opportunity for food makers
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights