DATA: The top ten most-chosen food brands in India
Parle leads India's biscuit sector
In India, local food brands dominate the list of the top ten food brands in the country.
According to data from Kantar Worldpanel's Brand Footprint study for 2013, only Nestle's Maggi was among the ten most-chosen brands in India last year, with Parle Products namesake brand again heading the list.
The top seven spots in the table remain constant, with Tata, Britannia, Nestle's Maggi and ITC's Sunfeast joining Parle in the first five.
Parle dominates the list, with its brand enjoying penetrating more than two-thirds of the market, Kantar said.
Parle claims to have a 40% share of the India's biscuit market and to account for 15% share of total confectionery sales in the country.
Britannia, at three, enjoys wider distribution but its "consumer reach point" score - Kantar's metric that measures how many households bought a brand and how often - lags Tata at two.
Maggi's "consumer reach point" score grew faster than Tata and Britannia in 2013.
Indian FMCG company Nirma Group, best known for making soaps and detergents, also has an interest in food and its eponymous salt brand broke into the top ten.
For 30 days' full access to just-food for only GBP1, EUR1 or US$1, click here.
Synopsis Canadean's "Nestle Pakistan Limited : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The prof...
Nestle S.A. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings an...
Synopsis Canadean's "Nestle India Limited : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile...
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- M&A Watch - Could Cloetta be takeover target?
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Comment: Can Applegate retain trust under Hormel?
- Yildiz eyeing further deals - reports
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor stake"
- Weetabix gets new private-equity investor
- Food industry news of week: GMOs, Arla, Mondelez
- FrieslandCampina ends Bongrain German tie-up
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in the United Kingdom to 2019
- Successful New Product Development Strategies in the Food, Drinks and Personal Care Market
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd in Retailing (Hong Kong, China)