DATA: The top ten most-chosen food brands in India
Parle leads India's biscuit sector
In India, local food brands dominate the list of the top ten food brands in the country.
According to data from Kantar Worldpanel's Brand Footprint study for 2013, only Nestle's Maggi was among the ten most-chosen brands in India last year, with Parle Products namesake brand again heading the list.
The top seven spots in the table remain constant, with Tata, Britannia, Nestle's Maggi and ITC's Sunfeast joining Parle in the first five.
Parle dominates the list, with its brand enjoying penetrating more than two-thirds of the market, Kantar said.
Parle claims to have a 40% share of the India's biscuit market and to account for 15% share of total confectionery sales in the country.
Britannia, at three, enjoys wider distribution but its "consumer reach point" score - Kantar's metric that measures how many households bought a brand and how often - lags Tata at two.
Maggi's "consumer reach point" score grew faster than Tata and Britannia in 2013.
Indian FMCG company Nirma Group, best known for making soaps and detergents, also has an interest in food and its eponymous salt brand broke into the top ten.
For 30 days' full access to just-food for only GBP1, EUR1 or US$1, click here.
Nestle S.A. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings an...
Synopsis Canadean's "Nestle India Limited : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- Arla strikes JVs in Nigeria and Senegal
- KitKat to go sustainably sourced cocoa only
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Biscuit Manufacturers (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis