DATA: The top ten most-chosen food brands in India
Parle leads India's biscuit sector
In India, local food brands dominate the list of the top ten food brands in the country.
According to data from Kantar Worldpanel's Brand Footprint study for 2013, only Nestle's Maggi was among the ten most-chosen brands in India last year, with Parle Products namesake brand again heading the list.
The top seven spots in the table remain constant, with Tata, Britannia, Nestle's Maggi and ITC's Sunfeast joining Parle in the first five.
Parle dominates the list, with its brand enjoying penetrating more than two-thirds of the market, Kantar said.
Parle claims to have a 40% share of the India's biscuit market and to account for 15% share of total confectionery sales in the country.
Britannia, at three, enjoys wider distribution but its "consumer reach point" score - Kantar's metric that measures how many households bought a brand and how often - lags Tata at two.
Maggi's "consumer reach point" score grew faster than Tata and Britannia in 2013.
Indian FMCG company Nirma Group, best known for making soaps and detergents, also has an interest in food and its eponymous salt brand broke into the top ten.
For 30 days' full access to just-food for only GBP1, EUR1 or US$1, click here.
Synopsis Canadean's "Nestle Pakistan Limited : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The prof...
Nestle S.A. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings an...
Synopsis Canadean's "Nestle India Limited : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile...
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Prospects for protein: Snacks growth to continue
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Bird flu leads Dutch to stop poultry distribution
- Live blog: Food Matters Live
- Arla eyes infant formula firms with lactose plant
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- Dairy Product Production in China
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report