DATA: The top ten most-chosen food brands in India
Parle leads India's biscuit sector
In India, local food brands dominate the list of the top ten food brands in the country.
According to data from Kantar Worldpanel's Brand Footprint study for 2013, only Nestle's Maggi was among the ten most-chosen brands in India last year, with Parle Products namesake brand again heading the list.
The top seven spots in the table remain constant, with Tata, Britannia, Nestle's Maggi and ITC's Sunfeast joining Parle in the first five.
Parle dominates the list, with its brand enjoying penetrating more than two-thirds of the market, Kantar said.
Parle claims to have a 40% share of the India's biscuit market and to account for 15% share of total confectionery sales in the country.
Britannia, at three, enjoys wider distribution but its "consumer reach point" score - Kantar's metric that measures how many households bought a brand and how often - lags Tata at two.
Maggi's "consumer reach point" score grew faster than Tata and Britannia in 2013.
Indian FMCG company Nirma Group, best known for making soaps and detergents, also has an interest in food and its eponymous salt brand broke into the top ten.
For 30 days' full access to just-food for only GBP1, EUR1 or US$1, click here.
Nestle S.A. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings an...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Synopsis The Canadean Global Top 10 Food Companies: Company Guide is a crucial resource for anyone looking to gain information on the top companies in the global food industry. Detailed company profil...
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis