What the analysts say: The verdict on Morrisons' strategic overhaul
Morrisons reported a full-year loss of GBP176m (US$293.6m) and further deterioration of like-for-like sales today (13 March). Management this morning set out a new strategic course for the group, which includes a GBP1bn price investment over the next three years. While next year's profits are expected to drop, the company believes the investment can be funded through a cost-saving drive in the medium-term. However, with concern over margins and competitive pressures, opinion remains divided over the prospects for the beleaguered grocer.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- M&A Watch - Could Cloetta be takeover target?
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Weetabix gets new private-equity investor
- Yildiz eyeing further deals - reports
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor stake"
- Food industry news of week: GMOs, Arla, Mondelez
- Wal-Mart acts on animal welfare, antibiotics