What the analysts say: The verdict on Unilever's H1
Unilever has characterised its first-half numbers as "solid", with higher profits driven by margin improvements and a focus on brands that deliver higher returns. However, Unilever's underlying sales growth narrowly missed consensus. There has been some concern about a slowdown in Unilever's emerging market sales growth and net revenue gains were hit by currency exchange and disposals. Here is the City's verdict on Unilever's H1 numbers.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Work on sugar could stir more clean-label concerns
- Hershey results, outlook, M&A - the top takeaways
- Free-from firm BFree Foods - bitesize interview
- How Danone is winning "key battles" to grow
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream finalise joint venture plans
- Hershey buys company behind BarkThins brand
- Mondelez sees stronger margins, LFL growth
- Young's eyeing new channels, M&A
- PepsiCo, Target back campaign for gender parity