What the analysts say: The verdict on Unilever's H1
Unilever has characterised its first-half numbers as "solid", with higher profits driven by margin improvements and a focus on brands that deliver higher returns. However, Unilever's underlying sales growth narrowly missed consensus. There has been some concern about a slowdown in Unilever's emerging market sales growth and net revenue gains were hit by currency exchange and disposals. Here is the City's verdict on Unilever's H1 numbers.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Infographic: Snapshot of Japan's food sector
- On the money: Solid Lindt outpaces chocolate peers
- On the money: Hain expects continued organic gains
- Spotlight: What could be impact of Russia's ban?
- Analysis: Market bets on higher Chiquita offer
- Russian government eases ban on food imports
- Kerry cools claim spreads move could hit jobs
- Dr Oetker to buy McCain North America pizza arm
- Pork Farms buys Kerry Group's pastry plants
- Nestle makes "major pledge" on animal welfare