What the analysts say: The verdict on Unilever's H1
Unilever has characterised its first-half numbers as "solid", with higher profits driven by margin improvements and a focus on brands that deliver higher returns. However, Unilever's underlying sales growth narrowly missed consensus. There has been some concern about a slowdown in Unilever's emerging market sales growth and net revenue gains were hit by currency exchange and disposals. Here is the City's verdict on Unilever's H1 numbers.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills US "priority" categories gain share
- Interview part 2: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- The just-food interview: Doux CEO Arnaud Marion
- 2015 preview: A better deal for M&A sellers
- Cleaning up Tesco will have mixed supplier impact
- General Mills outlines "aggressive" NPD drive
- Kraft to reappraise business, says new CEO Cahill
- General Mills earnings drop one-third
- PepsiCo opens snacks plant in Saudi Arabia
- Bimbo to buy Saputo's bakery arm