Category crunch: UK pork processors focus on growth
The UK pork sector is in a state of flux. Pig meat prices have been forced up by a number of factors - ranging from higher input costs to constricting supply and pending European animal welfare regulations. Cost increases are therefore being passed down the chain as retailers look to balance the need to secure supply against the pressure of operating in a constrained consumer environment. In part two of our Category Crunch, Katy Askew looks at the different strategies that pork processors are employing to grow revenues.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Maspex: M&A opportunities in eastern Europe
- Why "simple" and "real" will be industry buzzwords
- The just-food interview: Bega Cheese CEO
- Nestle's 2014 results: 10 Things to Learn
- Why US Dietary Guidelines report deserves praise
- Gruma FY earnings surge as margins improve
- Kerry Group CEO expects more M&A in 2015
- UPDATE: Mondelez confirms Irish plant changes
- Glanbia FY profits beat analyst forecasts
- Danone's Stonyfield launches layered yoghurt