Category crunch: UK pork sector in state of flux
The UK pork sector hit the headlines when Dutch food group Vion announced plans to exit the market. The sudden withdrawal of a major player highlights the challenges pork processors are grappling with, including rising input costs and tough pricing negotiations. Nevertheless, as the sector embarks on a process of consolidation and capacity is taken out of the category, the balance of power could be shifting down the pork supply chain. In part one of our two part Category Crunch, Katy Askew examines some of the issues facing the sector.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: The impact of Heinz's stevia ketchup
- Focus: Gen Mills turns to M&A to bolster US ops
- Viewpoint: US health food in play - at a price
- Shopper trends: Some confidence but promos popular
- DATA: The just-food international basket - Q2 2014
- Burton's "eyeing" United Biscuits merger
- Premier Foods revamp creates three divisions
- General Mills Q1 profits tumble
- Unilever to boost presence in Nigeria
- Timeline: Latest on battle over Chiquita