Category crunch: UK pork sector in state of flux
The UK pork sector hit the headlines when Dutch food group Vion announced plans to exit the market. The sudden withdrawal of a major player highlights the challenges pork processors are grappling with, including rising input costs and tough pricing negotiations. Nevertheless, as the sector embarks on a process of consolidation and capacity is taken out of the category, the balance of power could be shifting down the pork supply chain. In part one of our two part Category Crunch, Katy Askew examines some of the issues facing the sector.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Weetabix gets new private-equity investor
- General Mills launches Greek yoghurt in Australia
- Cadbury to cut Australian jobs
- JBS "seeking M&A" in Americas, Australia
- Dairy Crest earnings fall