Focus: Vocal French food industry debates food prices
Negotiations between manufacturers and retailers are tough in every market but in France, due to the legislation governing the sector, there is are extra considerations. Throw in the often vocal nature of French farmers, suppliers and grocers - and the recent rise in commodity costs - and the tensions can reach teh public domain. Reporting from French farm show SIA, Peter Crosskey gives a flavour of the debate as suppliers and retailers look to nail down their price agreements for the coming year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti