Wal-Mart's India opening prompts mixed reaction
Wal-Mart, the world's largest retailer, has officially planted its flag on Indian soil with the recent opening of its first wholesale store in the country. India is held up as one of the world's most attractive emerging retail markets, although significant obstacles remain before the country to live up to its potential. Raghavendra Verma reports from New Delhi on the Wal-Mart venture and local opinion on the US heavyweight's latest move.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations