What are the next major markets for gluten-free? - France the "sleeping giant" of the sector
Over the past decade, gluten-free has established itself as a significant category in markets in North America, western Europe and Australasia. Gluten-free specialists have become sizeable businesses, with some building notable international operations and some attracting takeover interest from larger rivals. In a series of articles, just-food's John Shepherd puts forward five markets seen as the next for gluten-free manufacturers - and conventional businesss interested in gluten-free to target. First, we look at France, where gluten-free has taken longer to develop compared to some of the country's neighbours - and therefore one that could present opportunity.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch