What the analysts say - City sees signs of hope in Unilever's spreads
Unilever today (24 April) reported first-quarter underlying sales ahead of the market's expectations. Shares in the consumer goods giant closed down, perhaps amid concerns foreign exchange would have on the company's top line. However, drilling down into the results, the City found reasons to be positive about Unilever's ice cream - and recently maligned - spreads businesses.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- M&A Watch: Why Danone/Lifeway deal could be next
- Focus: The impact of Heinz's stevia ketchup
- Focus: Gen Mills turns to M&A to bolster US ops
- Shopper trends: Some confidence but promos popular
- Viewpoint: US health food in play - at a price
- Burton's "eyeing" United Biscuits merger
- Premier Foods revamp creates three divisions
- General Mills Q1 profits tumble
- Unilever to boost presence in Nigeria
- WhiteWave to buy dairy-free firm So Delicious