What's Driving Consumer Choice for Functional Foods?
Functional foods are routinely cited as a top trend shaping the future of the food industry, but what are they, really? A grab-bag term that can include everything from genetically modified tomatoes to cholesterol-lowering margarines to juices laced with ginseng and echinacea, functional foods can be devilishly difficult to define. After all, what food isn't in some way "functional?" Maybe that's why estimates of functional food sales in the United States range from US$4bn to more than US$200bn.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk