Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
It emerged this week that French dairy giant Danone could be preparing to pull its Dumex infant formula brand from Vietnam. It is not yet clear what the company plans for the Dumex business throughout the rest of Asia. The move does, however, come as further evidence that Danone is cutting its losses and de-emphasising the Dumex brand, which has failed to emerge from the long shadow of a 2013 recall. Katy Askew reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast