Deal or no deal: Why Quorn is a tasty takeover treat
Rumours that private equity-owned Quorn Foods could have piqued the interest of the US's WhiteWave Foods caused a stir this week. Neither company was prepared to comment and it may be Quorn's owner Exponent Private Equity has yet to kick off an auction process but, nonetheless, the speculation highlights the potential the meat-free sector could afford branded food manufacturers. Katy Askew examines Quorn's appeal and who could be tempted by this tasty takeover target.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- Kellogg's 1894 fund debut investment in Kuli Kuli
- Bellamy's CEO exits as outlook slashed