Focus: Why US baker Hostess went stale
US brands Twinkies and Wonder are so iconic they are known the world over, even in markets where the products are not sold. Yet despite having these cultural touchstones in its portfolio, US baker Hostess Brands has struggled over the last decade, entering Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection twice, most recently this month. Sam Webb looks at why this baking monolith has started to crumble.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why US foodservice could offer route to growth
- Briefing: 11 menu trends shaping US foodservice
- Foodservice in the US - what the analysts say
- How can brands capitalise in US foodservice?
- UK organic industry's bullish outlook
- UPDATE: Mondelez confirms Irish plant changes
- Dr Oetker to buy Coppenrath & Wiese
- Hain buys 100% of deli meats firm Empire
- Saputo's Warrnambool to buy Lion's cheese arm
- Post Holdings launches breakfast biscuits in US