In the spotlight: Will Danone return to growth in fresh dairy?
Danone has faced myriad issues at its fresh dairies business. The group has been squeezed by weak consumer sentiment in its largest markets, on the one hand, and rising input prices, on the other. Management believes that a focus on improving its mix in developed markets will boost its profit profile. All the while it has been positioning itself to drive the top line in emerging markets. But these efforts are yet to show themselves in the unit's results. Could Danone's fresh dairy business be preparing to turn a corner? Katy Askew reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods