just-food authors and correspondents
Articles by Andrew Don
While speculation over the future ownership of United Biscuits intensifies, the UK snack maker is making strides beyond its domestic market, with a significant proportion of its growth coming from developing economies – Africa, the Middle East, India and China in particular. Jeff van der Eems, chief executive of UB's international business, speaks to Andrew Don about the company's international ambitions.
Food manufacturers have been confronted with the meteoric rise of the e-commerce channel in the UK. A rude awakening awaits those that tackle the online challenge with a bricks-and-mortar mentality, Andrew Don suggests.
Online grocery retailing in China and Thailand promises great opportunities for international supermarket groups to crack these two diverse, challenging and potentially lucrative Asian markets. Andrew Don reports.
Unsatisfactory online grocery experiences - especially on special occasions - are a sure-fire way to undermine brand loyalty, writes Andrew Don.
Tesco has been showing off the revamp of its Extra hypermarket in the UK town of Bishop's Stortford to highlight some of the changes it has brought to more than 230 of its UK stores. Andrew Don takes a look.
Convenience retailing is well placed to capitalise on the public's appetite for easy shopping with technology, including mobile, cloud-based operations systems and location-linked promos, driving the sector's development. Andrew Don reports.
Since the onset of the downturn, German discounters Aldi and Lidl have, for the most part, been able to grow sales ahead of the UK's four largest grocery retailers. Andrew Don investigates whether they can maintain momentum after the country's now double-dip recession.
Through its innovative focus on fresh food and deep involvement in the supply chain Morrisons has become the wunderkind everyone is watching. Andrew Don takes a look at how the UK's fourth-largest retailer is attempting to stand out from the pack.
The UK government has confirmed plans to scrap restrictions on the weight of unwrapped loaves of bread.
World food prices have climbed to their highest level for over two years, the UN's Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) has said.
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Freedom Foods Group nears M&A in Oz, North America
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Chocolate (Confectionery) Market in Belgium - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020