just-food authors and correspondents
Articles by David O'Byrne
Turkish conglomerate Yildiz Holding is to buy 75% of local meat processor Aytac Et.
The chairman and three board members of Carrefour's Turkish joint venture CarrefourSA have resigned in move apparently aimed at forcing the hand of its troubled French investor.
Turkish conglomerate Sabanci Holdings has said it is yet to decide on what to do with its its stake in its local retail joint venture with Carrefour.
Turkish food manufacturer and retailer Bim has said it remains interested in Saudi Arabia despite the end of talks over a possible partnership with local conglomerate Savola.
Tesco is planning to open 51 stores in Turkey this year as part of an GBP80m expansion programme.
Turkey's Yildiz Holding, parent company of Turkish confectionery and processed food giant Ulker, has paid TRY600m (US$381.7m) Migros a 99.6% stake in Migros' Sok discount supermarkets.
Turkish confectionery and biscuit giant Ulker has sold a 25% stake in its Ulker Golf ice cream business with the aim of growing the brand outside Turkey.
Metro plans to double its investment in Turkey this year, spending EUR120m (US$171.4m) to open six new cash and carry hypermarkets.
Turkish biscuit giant Ulker Biscuvi Sanayi AS will sell its 10.5% stake in Turkish supermarket chain BIM Birlesik Magazlar for TRY774.5m (US$507.8m), the company announced in a disclosure to the Istanbul Stock Exchange.
Sabanci Group is planning for the aggressive growth of its separate retail joint ventures with Carrefour and the French retailer's discount arm Dia, the Turkish conglomerate's chief executive told a press conference in Istanbul today (8 March).
- SIAL 2014: Greek yoghurt firm Fage targets Europe
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- Why Nestle is relaxed about the China "drag"
- Focus: Will Danone return to growth in dairy?
- SIAL: French firm Michel et Augustin to enter US
- SIAL 2014: Premier in talks over US manufacturing
- Symington's acquires Tanfield Foods
- Kellogg, Nestle slammed for "chaotic" salt policy
- Heinz silent over Polish factory expansion talk
- Premier cautious on profits after Q3 sales slide