just-food authors and correspondents
Articles by David O'Byrne
Turkish conglomerate Yildiz Holding is to buy 75% of local meat processor Aytac Et.
The chairman and three board members of Carrefour's Turkish joint venture CarrefourSA have resigned in move apparently aimed at forcing the hand of its troubled French investor.
Turkish conglomerate Sabanci Holdings has said it is yet to decide on what to do with its its stake in its local retail joint venture with Carrefour.
Turkish food manufacturer and retailer Bim has said it remains interested in Saudi Arabia despite the end of talks over a possible partnership with local conglomerate Savola.
Tesco is planning to open 51 stores in Turkey this year as part of an GBP80m expansion programme.
Turkey's Yildiz Holding, parent company of Turkish confectionery and processed food giant Ulker, has paid TRY600m (US$381.7m) Migros a 99.6% stake in Migros' Sok discount supermarkets.
Turkish confectionery and biscuit giant Ulker has sold a 25% stake in its Ulker Golf ice cream business with the aim of growing the brand outside Turkey.
Metro plans to double its investment in Turkey this year, spending EUR120m (US$171.4m) to open six new cash and carry hypermarkets.
Turkish biscuit giant Ulker Biscuvi Sanayi AS will sell its 10.5% stake in Turkish supermarket chain BIM Birlesik Magazlar for TRY774.5m (US$507.8m), the company announced in a disclosure to the Istanbul Stock Exchange.
Sabanci Group is planning for the aggressive growth of its separate retail joint ventures with Carrefour and the French retailer's discount arm Dia, the Turkish conglomerate's chief executive told a press conference in Istanbul today (8 March).
- Murray Goulburn's FY results - 7 things to learn
- Why Jet.com purchase could boost Wal-Mart online
- Nestle on China, candy, nutrition - analysis
- Interview, part 1: Emmi CEO Urs Riedener
- England child obesity plan should cheer industry
- Mondelez buys rest of Vietnam snacks business
- Australia launches dairy sector probe
- Tyson faces investor scrutiny on ethical issues
- Nomad Foods touts progress as H1 results worsen
- Mengniu grows sales but net profit slips