just-food authors and correspondents
With 11 years reporting on FMCG, Dean began at Wine & Spirit International in 2003 before joining just-drinks.com as news editor in 2005.
In April 2007, Dean crossed from drinks to food and became editor of just-food.com.
He has featured in national and international print titles from the BBC to Time magazine and on international broadcast outlets like the BBC and France 24.
Columns by Dean Best
Dean Best's views on the industry's hot issues.
Articles by Dean Best
Finland-based meat processor HKScan has confirmed its latest restructuring measures in Denmark will lead to the loss of 88 jobs.
Peter Kelly, the managing director of Australian canned food manufacturer SPC Ardmona, is to leave the role at the end of March.
US meat group Tyson Foods has decided to switch production at a domestic site from serving foodservice suppliers to supplying retailers.
Australian breakfast drink brand Up & Go is to be launched in the UK.
Greencore has booked a 4% increase in first quarter sales as the private label supplier eked out growth in the UK and reported a solid performance from its US business.
US food and drink group J&J Snack Foods has reported a fall in first quarter earnings.
French poultry processor Groupe Doux is to create over 190 jobs at plants across the country, a move it said was a sign of its recovery a year after emerging from administration.
The price farmers are paid for milk has again made national headlines in the UK - and again it is the country's supermarket chains in the firing line. Even David Cameron has weighed in on the issue. But, UK farmers, like their counterparts around the world, are at the mercy of global factors.
Chiquita Brands International has named Darcilo Santos, an executive from Safra Group, the Brazilian investment firm that took the produce giant private last year, as its new CFO.
Unilever was this week the first major food group to announce results for 2014 - a mixed year - and CEO Paul Polman admitted the company had slow in reacting to changes in consumer demands on spreads. The chief executive of Lifeway Foods told just-food the US culture dairy products group was - contrary to reports - not in talks to sell the business.
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Greencore expands UK, US sales
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits