just-food authors and correspondents
With 12 years reporting on FMCG, Dean began at Wine & Spirit International in 2003 before joining just-drinks.com as news editor in 2005.
In April 2007, Dean crossed from drinks to food and became editor of just-food.com.
He has featured in national and international print titles from the BBC to Time magazine and on international broadcast outlets like the BBC and France 24.
Columns by Dean Best
Dean Best's views on the industry's hot issues.
Articles by Dean Best
Parmalat, the Italy-based dairy group, today (24 May) booked lower first-quarter profits amid the challenging economic conditions in Venezuela and pressure from foreign exchange.
Tiger Brands, the South Africa-based consumer goods group, today (24 May) reported improved half-year sales and earnings.
Kraft Heinz is to consolidate its manufacturing of mustard products in the US.
Heritage Foods, the Indian food manufacturer and retailer, is to acquire Karnataka-based Teja Dairy.
Vinamilk, Vietnam's largest dairy group, is to becoming the sole owner of US firm Driftwood Dairy.
Chinese group Zhouheiya Food Co. is reportedly set to list in Hong Kong.
John Gehring, the CFO of ConAgra Foods, is to leave the US group, the Chef Boyardee and Alexia owner announced today (24 May).
UK dairies Medina Dairy and Tomlinsons have won contracts to supply Sainsbury's after the UK's third-largest grocer decided to increase the number of companies that provide it with milk and cream.
Mondelez International will look to "strengthen" its moves to tackle child labour in its cocoa supply chain in Cote d'Ivoire and Ghana.
Heritage Foods, the Indian food manufacturer and retailer, has booked higher annual sales and profits.
- How Hormel Foods can benefit from Justin's
- Colian hungry for international growth - interview
- How discounters unsettling Australia's food sector
- The balancing act at Amy's Kitchen - interview
- Tackling infant formula fraud in China
- US food labels to include "added sugars" info
- General Mills invests in another US SME
- ConAgra focusing on core with Spicetec sale
- Kraft Heinz to expand US plant
- Amy's Kitchen strikes Picard deal in four markets