just-food authors and correspondents
With 12 years reporting on FMCG, Dean began at Wine & Spirit International in 2003 before joining just-drinks.com as news editor in 2005.
In April 2007, Dean crossed from drinks to food and became editor of just-food.com.
He has featured in national and international print titles from the BBC to Time magazine and on international broadcast outlets like the BBC and France 24.
Columns by Dean Best
Dean Best's views on the industry's hot issues.
Articles by Dean Best
Japanese conglomerate Mitsubishi Corp. is to buy 20% of Singapore-based agri-food group Olam International.
Dole Food Co. CEO David Murdock and Michael Carter, the company's former president, have been ordered to pay over US$148m to investors over the sale of the US group in 2013.
Three more lawsuits have been filed alleging price-fixing among major US canned tuna companies.
Cricketer Farm, the UK cheese maker, has set out plans to stop making and packing cheese early next year after a period of "significant financial losses".
Dairy Crest, the UK dairy group, has removed artificial ingredients from its Clover dairy spread in a bid to meet growing demand for "more natural, unprocessed foods".
Savencia Fromage & Dairy, the French dairy group formerly known as Bongrain, has reported lower half-year sales but an increase in profits.
Bob Evans Farms, the US convenience food group and restaurant operator, has named director Doug Benham to the temporary position of executive chair while it looks for a new CEO.
Avangardco, the Ukraine egg processor, posted a loss of over US$152m for the first half of the year amid an inventory writedown and a 54% drop in revenue.
MHP, the Ukraine poultry processor, pointed to an improvement in its EBITDA margin in the first half of the year as evidence of "stable financial results" during the period, which included lower sales.
Candyking, the Sweden-based confectioner, has posted another half-year loss after the loss of contracts at home and in Finland hit sales.
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Mengniu sales dip but work on costs boosts profits
- Brownes Dairy "attracts eight suitors"
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis