just-food authors and correspondents
With 11 years reporting on FMCG, Dean began at Wine & Spirit International in 2003 before joining just-drinks.com as news editor in 2005.
In April 2007, Dean crossed from drinks to food and became editor of just-food.com.
He has featured in national and international print titles from the BBC to Time magazine and on international broadcast outlets like the BBC and France 24.
Columns by Dean Best
Dean Best's views on the industry's hot issues.
Articles by Dean Best
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission has started proceedings against another local egg supplier - Darling Downs Fresh Eggs - over the marketing of free-range eggs.
Frozen food maker Iglo Group will roll out the Marine Stewardship Council's ecolabel to its certified wild fish products in Europe in response to growing consumer demand for sustainably sourced fish.
The raging debate over GMOs in the US, ongoing industry consolidation in the country, the fact promotions were not driving volumes in Europe and the scrutiny on sugar and obesity piqued our team's interest in 2014 - and yours, too.
US jerky maker Perky Jerky has said it plans to enter China next month, its latest market in Asia.
Dutch food group Wessanen is to acquire Italian dairy-free drinks maker Abafoods for EUR52m.
Our analysis of the key developments and trends in emerging markets - both within the countries and how local companies are eyeing expansion - attracted your attention in 2014.
Mars has added a Snickers production line to its chocolate factory in Dubai.
Croatia-based food group Podravka is to shut a plant in Poland.
US packaged food group and restaurant operator Bob Evans Farms has said CEO Steve Davis has resigned "by mutual agreement".
US group Nutroganics has struck a deal to buy soy yoghurt firm Wholesoy & Co.
- Focus: Danone CEO Faber puts stamp on business
- Cleaning up Tesco will have mixed supplier impact
- The just-food interview: Doux CEO Arnaud Marion
- General Mills US "priority" categories gain share
- 2015 preview: A better deal for M&A sellers
- General Mills outlines "aggressive" NPD drive
- Coles supplier payments broke competition law
- Lay's heads "billionaire food brands" list
- PepsiCo opens snacks plant in Saudi Arabia
- Wessanen to buy dairy-free drinks firm Abafoods