just-food authors and correspondents
With 11 years reporting on FMCG, Dean began at Wine & Spirit International in 2003 before joining just-drinks.com as news editor in 2005.
In April 2007, Dean crossed from drinks to food and became editor of just-food.com.
He has featured in national and international print titles from the BBC to Time magazine and on international broadcast outlets like the BBC and France 24.
Columns by Dean Best
Dean Best's views on the industry's hot issues.
Articles by Dean Best
The US Federal Trade Commission has claimed Nestle has made false claims in its advertising for Good Start Gentle infant formula.
Croatia-based food company Atlantic Grupa has cut its sales forecast for 2014 as it battles a "challenging business environment".
Wheyhey, a fledgling UK-based high-protein ice cream brand, has had a rollercoaster three years, entering administration in 2012 before fresh investment enabled the business to start again. It is now riding the wave of rising consumer interest in protein. Co-founder Damien Kennedy declines to comment on the reasons for Wheyhey's administration but outlines the company's development, his belief high-protein will soon be a mainstream category and his desire for the firm to follow in the footsteps of Red Bull and Innocent.
Spanish food group Ebro Foods has forecast a 12% rise in earnings in 2014.
Japan-based snacks group Calbee saw profits increase by more than a fifth in the first half of its financial year with sales growth at home and abroad.
Inventure Foods saw sales and profits climb in the first nine months of 2014 - but shares in the US food group fell yesterday (30 October) after third-quarter results missed analyst expectations.
After seven months, this week saw the uncertainty over Chiquita Brands International's future all but end with the US produce giant agreeing to a US$681m takeover bid from Brazil's Cutrale Group and Safra Group. Elsewhere, Danone announced moves to enter mass-market infant formula in China with an investment in local player Yashili International Holdings.
Olive oil maker Deoleo has forecast its annual sales will drop by over 7% in 2014.
Japanese food group Ezaki Glico has booked an increase in half-year net profit but saw operating profit and net sales fall.
Alimentos Kamuk, the Costa Rica-based sauce maker, is to build a production plant as it seeks to expand its product range.
- Why data is key to shopper satisfaction
- Interview: Premier sets sights overseas
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- Sustainability Watch: Roberto Ciati, Barilla
- Short-termism decides Chiquita's future
- Hovis CEO Spooner leaves bread maker
- Glanbia chairman to step down
- General Mills to launch "Ancient Grains" Cheerios
- Kellogg earnings beat forecast but sales pressured
- Hershey lowers FY sales, earnings forecasts
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Supermarkets in China
- Pubs & Bars in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Consumer Trends Analysis: Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Chinese Confectionery Food Market
- Kerry Group plc - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report