just-food authors and correspondents
Articles by just-food.com
German chocolate maker Halloren has acquired full ownership of Dutch confectioner Steenland.
Pinnacle Foods Finance has posted a fall in underlying operating profit for the first quarter of 2011 a drop in sales and higher input costs.
Gum is set to be the fastest-growing confectionery channel in the next three years, according to research released today (12 May).
Seafood giant Thai Union Frozen Products has reported a 9% fall in first-quarter profits despite a rise in sales amid a jump in tuna and shrimp raw-material prices.
Singapore-based cocoa manufacturer Petra Foods posted a jump in net profit during the first quarter as it reported strong sales growth over the quarter.
US supermarket operator Spartan Stores reported an increase in full-year profits, despite sales remaining flat for the period.
Shares in Marine Harvest have plummeted after the seafood processor reported a decline in profit for the first quarter.
Canadian natural and organic food group SunOpta has reported "record" first-quarter earnings on the back of growing sales.
US food giant Cargill has merged its Australian beef business with Teys Bros., the country's second-largest beef processor.
The Co-operative Group has insisted it was the first to take legal action in its dispute with UK regional retailer Haldanes Stores.
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project