just-food authors and correspondents
Articles by just-food.com
Pinnacle Foods Finance has posted a fall in underlying operating profit for the first quarter of 2011 a drop in sales and higher input costs.
Gum is set to be the fastest-growing confectionery channel in the next three years, according to research released today (12 May).
Seafood giant Thai Union Frozen Products has reported a 9% fall in first-quarter profits despite a rise in sales amid a jump in tuna and shrimp raw-material prices.
Singapore-based cocoa manufacturer Petra Foods posted a jump in net profit during the first quarter as it reported strong sales growth over the quarter.
US supermarket operator Spartan Stores reported an increase in full-year profits, despite sales remaining flat for the period.
Shares in Marine Harvest have plummeted after the seafood processor reported a decline in profit for the first quarter.
Canadian natural and organic food group SunOpta has reported "record" first-quarter earnings on the back of growing sales.
US food giant Cargill has merged its Australian beef business with Teys Bros., the country's second-largest beef processor.
The Co-operative Group has insisted it was the first to take legal action in its dispute with UK regional retailer Haldanes Stores.
JBS, the Brazilian meat giant, has reported mixed first-quarter results, with the company's net income and sales rising - but its EBITDA down on lower profits from its US chicken unit.
- Why US foodservice could offer route to growth
- Foodservice in the US - what the analysts say
- How can brands capitalise in US foodservice?
- Why "simple" and "real" will be industry buzzwords
- Briefing: 11 menu trends shaping US foodservice
- UPDATE: Mondelez confirms Irish plant changes
- Thorntons sales, profits fall
- Saputo's Warrnambool to buy Lion's cheese arm
- Greenyard Foods, Univeg, Peatinvest mulling merger
- WhiteWave launches "Australian-style" yoghurt