just-food authors and correspondents
Articles by Katie Smith
Retailer Wal-Mart de Mexico, known locally as Walmex, has blamed higher expenses and a shift in the timing of Easter for a 4.5% drop in first-quarter profits.
US retailer Target Corp has become the latest retailer to cut jobs, with the announcement it is laying off around 475 employees globally.
Reliance Retail, the retail arm of Indian conglomerate Reliance Industries, has recorded a 38% jump in third-quarter turnover.
Reliance Retail, the retail arm of industrial conglomerate Reliance Industries, has recorded a 41% hike in first-half turnover.
Wal-Mart Stores is to buy out Indian venture partner Bharti Enterprises, ending the speculation over the future of the business.
Shares in Family Dollar Stores fell today (9 October) after the US discounter reported flat underlying sales.
US discounter Dollar General posted a "solid" performance during its second quarter, with both net profit and sales growing on the back of increased traffic in its stores.
Finnish food group Raisio is looking to expand the presence of its Benecol brand in emerging markets, with South America and Asia at the forefront. The company today (4 September) launched its Benecol yoghurt drinks in Hong Kong. Katie Smith spoke to Mikko Laavainen, vice president of Raisio's licensed brands, who outlined the group's mid- to long-term growth strategy for the Benecol business.
German dairy giant Unternehmensgruppe Theo Müller has acquired the UK operations of Austrian rival Nom, as it looks to expand its presence in the country's private label yoghurt market.
German food company Odenwald Früchte has said it is looking for further opportunities to strengthen its business, following the acquisition of dairy brands Mark Brandenburg and Milchreiter from FrieslandCampina.
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- just-food's pick: Products on show at SIAL China
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Kerry adds to Mattessons' adult snacking range
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Mondelez to cut jobs at Chicago site
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details