just-food authors and correspondents
Articles by Katie Smith
Retailer Wal-Mart de Mexico, known locally as Walmex, has blamed higher expenses and a shift in the timing of Easter for a 4.5% drop in first-quarter profits.
US retailer Target Corp has become the latest retailer to cut jobs, with the announcement it is laying off around 475 employees globally.
Reliance Retail, the retail arm of Indian conglomerate Reliance Industries, has recorded a 38% jump in third-quarter turnover.
Reliance Retail, the retail arm of industrial conglomerate Reliance Industries, has recorded a 41% hike in first-half turnover.
Wal-Mart Stores is to buy out Indian venture partner Bharti Enterprises, ending the speculation over the future of the business.
Shares in Family Dollar Stores fell today (9 October) after the US discounter reported flat underlying sales.
US discounter Dollar General posted a "solid" performance during its second quarter, with both net profit and sales growing on the back of increased traffic in its stores.
Finnish food group Raisio is looking to expand the presence of its Benecol brand in emerging markets, with South America and Asia at the forefront. The company today (4 September) launched its Benecol yoghurt drinks in Hong Kong. Katie Smith spoke to Mikko Laavainen, vice president of Raisio's licensed brands, who outlined the group's mid- to long-term growth strategy for the Benecol business.
German dairy giant Unternehmensgruppe Theo Müller has acquired the UK operations of Austrian rival Nom, as it looks to expand its presence in the country's private label yoghurt market.
German food company Odenwald Früchte has said it is looking for further opportunities to strengthen its business, following the acquisition of dairy brands Mark Brandenburg and Milchreiter from FrieslandCampina.
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report