just-food authors and correspondents
Katy Askew and Dean Best
Articles by Katy Askew and Dean Best
Kraft Foods has claimed it is "on track" to meet its three-year goal of reducing the sodium content of products across its portfolio by an average of 10%. However, while food firms have come under considerable pressure from US lobby groups and health campaigners to cut sodium levels in processed foods, consumers have proven resistant to any measure that would sacrifice taste. Kraft senior health and wellness director Vicky Evans Stencel spoke to Katy Askew and Dean Best about Kraft's balancing act to deliver familiar flavours through reformulated recipes in order to address health concerns.
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis: The impact on shopper behaviour
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020