just-food authors and correspondents
Katy Askew is just-food's deputy editor, with over thirteen years of experience writing for consumer and business titles. She has contributed to print, online and radio publications and worked across a variety of formats, including newspapers, magazines and websites.
Katy has specialised in writing for the FMCG sector for the past ten years, during which time she has developed specialist knowledge of the global food and food retail industries, interviewed top international executives and covered a range of topics from financial updates and M&A to sustainability and safety issues.
Articles by Katy Askew
BrightFarms has secured US$30.1m in financing to "dramatically expand" the markets it can reach with its locally grown produce.
Bakery group Aryzta has proposed the appointment Gary McGann as its chairman, replacing Denis Lucey who is retiring.
The UK's advertising standards watchdog has rebuked WhiteWave Foods-owned dairy-free brand Alpro over a promotional tweet issued by television presenter AJ Odudu.
Fonterra said today (22 September) its strategy to focus on higher-value products is paying off as it delivered a 65% jump in annual net profit.
US dairy Clover Stornetta Farms has committed to convert its conventional milk products to the Non-GMO Project Verified programme over the next two years.
B&G Foods has entered into an agreement to buy the spices and seasonings business of ACH Food Companies, a US arm of Associated British Foods.
General Mills reported lower first-quarter profit today (21 September) as sales failed to meet the company's expectations.
Fraser and Neave, the Singapore-based food and beverage group, has appointed Bennett Neo to the newly-created post of chief executive of its food business.
Nutrition bar maker Nellson has said it will replace its "ageing" Irwindale, California, production facility with a new US$40-50m plant to be located in the nearby city of Ontario, further east in the state.
Produce group Zespri will start a search process to select a new chief executive officer next year with a view to having the appointee in the post by the beginning of 2018.
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- Why May's Brexit comments give reason for optimism
- 2 Sisters chief Boparan buys Bernard Matthews
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- Bernard Matthews pensions scheme under review
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report