just-food authors and correspondents
Katy Askew is just-food's deputy editor, with over five years of experience writing for consumer and business titles. She has contributed to print, online and radio publications and worked across a variety of formats, including newspapers, magazines and websites.
Katy has specialised in writing for the FMCG sector for the past four years, during which time she has developed specialist knowledge of the global food and food retail industries, interviewed top international executives and covered a range of topics from financial updates and M&A to sustainability and safety issues.
Having completed her BA at the University of Sussex and postgraduate studies at Simon Fraser University, Katy began work as a travel and property journalist with Outbound Publications.
Articles by Katy Askew
A federal judge in California agreed to stay a class action lawsuit over General Mills' use of partially hydrogenated oils (PHOs) until the US Food and Drug Administration decides whether its recent ban on the synthetic ingredient leaves room for its use as an additive in food products.
US firm Back to Nature Foods is expanding its SnackWell's better-for-you range of cookies.
?Manomasa is launching a premium line of “restaurant-style” Cantina tortilla chips in the UK.
Smithfield Foods is expanding the dry sausage manufacturing capacity at its Wisconsin production plant to ramp up production of pepperoni and salami products.
US cereal-to-snacks group Kellogg has confirmed it plans to open a new research and development facility in India as the group works on its aim of "tripling" its sales in the country.
Lancaster Colony booked an increase in sales today (20 August), supported by organic growth and M&A, but the company's earning growth trailed top line gains.
US private-equity firm Arbor Investments is expanding its bakery business through the acquisition of Hudson Baking Co., a manufacturer of premium marshmallow crispy dessert bars, brownies, cookies and other baked goods.
Meat group Smithfield Foods today (20 August) announced that Kenneth Sullivan, currently EVP and chief financial officer, has been named president and chief operating officer. Glenn Nunziata will succeed him as CFO.
Swiss food group Orior booked a mixed first half, with lower sales and net profit but an increase in operating profit.
Russian protein group Cherkizovo reported higher earnings today (20 August) as a rise in sales and improved poultry and meat processing margins offset lower margins in the group's pork business.
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Arla strikes JVs in Nigeria and Senegal
- Mengniu sales dip but work on costs boosts profits
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Biscuit Manufacturers (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis