just-food authors and correspondents
Katy Askew is just-food's deputy editor, with over five years of experience writing for consumer and business titles. She has contributed to print, online and radio publications and worked across a variety of formats, including newspapers, magazines and websites.
Katy has specialised in writing for the FMCG sector for the past four years, during which time she has developed specialist knowledge of the global food and food retail industries, interviewed top international executives and covered a range of topics from financial updates and M&A to sustainability and safety issues.
Having completed her BA at the University of Sussex and postgraduate studies at Simon Fraser University, Katy began work as a travel and property journalist with Outbound Publications.
Articles by Katy Askew
Kraft Foods Group has booked lower earnings in the first nine months of the year as one-off expenses, input costs and lower sales volumes weighed on profits.
Maple Leaf Foods' third-quarter earnings came in below analyst expectations today (30 October) as the Canadian group registered greater-than-expected charges related to a scheme to modernise some of its meat plants.
Nissin Food Holdings, the Japanese noodle giant, reported a fall in nine-month earnings today (30 October) as higher costs offset sales growth.
Bright Dairy & Food Co., a listed subsidiary of Chinese food group Bright Food Co., reported higher sales and earnings for the first nine months of the year.
US chicken group Pilgrim's Pride has booked an increase in earnings for the first nine months of the year, boosted by higher sales and margins.
Higher costs weighed on Lancaster Colony first-quarter earnings, which fell despite growing sales, the US company revealed today (30 October).
New York-based food group Healthy Food Brands has entered into a licensing agreement that will see it begin to manufacture dried and freeze dried fruit under the Welch's brand.
Nate's Food Co., a US pancake and waffle batter manufacturer, will expand its product offering through the development of a one-minute omelette mix.
MamaMancini's Holdings, the US natural frozen and chilled food group, has named Matthew Brown its chief operating officer.
Hershey today (29 October) cut its forecasts for annual net sales and earnings per share on the back of mixed international sales and pressure on commodity costs.
- Why data is key to shopper satisfaction
- Interview: Premier sets sights overseas
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- Sustainability Watch: Roberto Ciati, Barilla
- Short-termism decides Chiquita's future
- Hovis CEO Spooner leaves bread maker
- Glanbia chairman to step down
- General Mills to launch "Ancient Grains" Cheerios
- Kellogg earnings beat forecast but sales pressured
- Hershey lowers FY sales, earnings forecasts
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Supermarkets in China
- Pubs & Bars in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Consumer Trends Analysis: Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Chinese Confectionery Food Market
- Kerry Group plc - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report