just-food authors and correspondents
Katy Askew is just-food's deputy editor, with over thirteen years of experience writing for consumer and business titles. She has contributed to print, online and radio publications and worked across a variety of formats, including newspapers, magazines and websites.
Katy has specialised in writing for the FMCG sector for the past ten years, during which time she has developed specialist knowledge of the global food and food retail industries, interviewed top international executives and covered a range of topics from financial updates and M&A to sustainability and safety issues.
Articles by Katy Askew
A campaign has been launched to reduce the consumption of meat products in China after the Chinese authorities issued new dietary guidelines calling on consumers to eat less meat.
ConAgra Foods Lamb Weston and its European partner Netherlands-based Meijer Frozen Foods have established a joint venture with Belaya Dacha to serve the Russian market.
Kraft Heinz Co. and Mondelez International have been named in a second lawsuit alleging the illegal manipulation of wheat futures by Kraft Foods Group after a federal court in Chicago refused a motion to dismiss.
General Mills has revealed plans to launch a range of seven Yoplait yoghurts made from goat and sheep milk in the French market.
US chocolate-to-caramel group Elmer Chocolate has completed a US$40m expansion of its manufacturing facility in Ponchatoula, Louisiana.
The National Farmers Union has warned the UK's decision to leave the EU will likely result in a short-term spike in the price of food in the country.
Ireland's Food Minister, Michael Creed, has called for the EU to adopt a "flexible" approach to any dairy aid package, insisting currency uncertainty in the wake of Brexit and the country's "unique" trading relationship with the UK should be taken into account.
The owners of the UAE's National Foods Products Co. (NFPC) have reportedly abandoned negotiations over the potential sale of a majority stake in the Abu Dhabi-based dairy group.
Kellogg has launched a line of kids breakfast cereals in India, Kellogg's Ragi Chocos.
Spanish private-label chocolate group Natra revealed this morning (22 June) it returned to profit in the first quarter of this year on stable sales and lower operating costs.
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights