just-food authors and correspondents
Katy Askew is just-food's deputy editor, with over thirteen years of experience writing for consumer and business titles. She has contributed to print, online and radio publications and worked across a variety of formats, including newspapers, magazines and websites.
Katy has specialised in writing for the FMCG sector for the past ten years, during which time she has developed specialist knowledge of the global food and food retail industries, interviewed top international executives and covered a range of topics from financial updates and M&A to sustainability and safety issues.
Articles by Katy Askew
Bel Group has finalised a deal that will see it acquire 65% of fellow French business MOM Brands from investment firm LBO France.
Thai food giant Charoen Pokphand Foods is building a production plant in Thailand to produce "healthy soup" aimed at "elderly people and patients".
European meat group HKScan has lowered its full-year profit forecast on weaker sales and higher costs.
Law firm Gainey McKenna & Egleston has launched a class action lawsuit on behalf of Tyson Foods investors alleging the company concealed collusion with other leading US poultry processors to fix chicken prices.
Bazooka candy maker Topps Co. has promoted its president and chief operating officer, Michael Brandstaedter, to the post of CEO.
Nestle lowered its full-year sales forecast in an environment "marked by deflation" and soft pricing today (20 October) after reporting nine-month sales that missed analyst expectations.
Investment firm Metropoulos & Co. has formed a "strategic partnership" with family-owned US snack maker Utz Quality Foods.
Foodservice supplier US Foods has agreed to acquire Save On Seafood, a Florida-based seafood processor and distributor.
UK-based convenience food maker Symington's has promoted its chief operating officer, John Power, to the post of CEO.
Embattled Australian dairy processor Murray Goulburn has lowered its expectations for its full-year profits after cutting its forecast milk intake for the period.
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review