just-food authors and correspondents
Keith Nuthall is an experienced journalist specialising in international organisations, law and regulation, especially the European Union and the World Trade Organisation. He has written extensively on EU support for the food sector – notably on the Common Agricultural Policy, EU labelling and packaging rules, the WTO's Agreement on Agriculture, related WTO disputes, the European Food Safety Authority, and bilateral or multilateral trade agreements impacting the food sector.
He is the founder and director of International News Services Ltd, a global news agency supplying specialist publications with foreign news and features, including on emerging markets.
Articles by Keith Nuthall
The European Commission is probing whether exemptions to Denmark's short-lived so-called fat tax generated unfair fiscal advantages for certain meat and dairy companies.
The European Commission has put forward nominations for the EU's new commissioners for health and food safety and for agriculture.
Russia's agricultural watchdog has announced a ban on imports from Ukraine of canned vegetables, fruit and fish.
The European Commission has said lowered the level of cadmium that manufacturers of infant formula and chocolate can include in their products.
Food retailers across the EU are facing additional administration to sell organic food products, because of reforms proposed last week by the European Commission, writes Keith Nuthall.
Free trade talks between the EU and Canada have hit a last minute impasse, with the EU demanding more access to Canadian dairy markets and Canada wanting to sell more meat products in the EU.
A political deal has agreed the text of a new EU regulation on the composition of infant formula, baby food, diet replacements and special medical foods.
The EU's annual EUR3.1bn budget for food production subsidies is facing deep cuts, officials within The European Commission has told just-food.
The European Commission, after six years of work, has published a list of 222 health claims that can be made on food labels and advertising when products are sold in the EU.
UK sugar trader ED&F Man has agreed to offload its interest in a refinery in Italy to secure EU clearance for the sale of a stake in its business to German giant Südzucker.
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- China implements new safety regulations
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019