just-food authors and correspondents
Articles by Michelle Russell
Wal-Mart has revealed growth plans for its wholesale store division in India including the opening of additional stores and an extension of its B2B e-commerce platform.
US discounter Family Dollar Stores has announced plans to cut jobs and close around 370 under-performing outlets.
Wal-Mart saw its share price fall this morning (20 February) after the retail giant posted a fall in fourth-quarter earnings and lowered its fiscal 2015 sales guidance.
Target Corp has warned of larger losses than expected in its fourth-quarter as it revealed a data breach in December may now have affected 70m customers.
Tesco has again reported declines in sales at home and abroad as it outlined how it traded during Christmas and New Year.
Sainsbury's saw its sales growth slow in its third quarter as a "very tough" October and November weighed on its results.
Bharti Retail has appointed the former head of Wal-Mart India, Raj Jain, as its CEO.
Wal-Mart executive Krish Iyer has been promoted to lead the US retail giant's operations in India.
US discount retailer Dollar General said it delivered a "strong" third-quarter after recording an increase in earnings.
The battle for Warrnambool Cheese and Butter Factory continued this week, with the latest twist coming from Australian dairy co-op Murray Goulburn, which increased its offer for the company.
- On the move: What's in store from Tesco's new CEO?
- On the money: Can Premier build H2 sales momentum?
- Focus: Lindt plays safe with Russell Stover buy
- Interview: Bell hits out at German cartel ruling
- On the money: Steady as she goes at Cloetta
- UPDATE: Premier establishes international unit
- Campbell issues warning on 2014/15 fiscal year
- S&A Foods announces restructure, 55 jobs to go
- Universal Robina to buy biscuit firm Griffin's
- Premier launches Oxo pots range in UK