just-food authors and correspondents
Mini Pant Zachariah
Articles by Mini Pant Zachariah
The Indian state government of Karnataka has given PepsiCo permission to build a major new soft drinks and snacks manufacturing plant 200km south-west of Bangalore, an official has confirmed to just-food.
India's ABT Foods is looking to boost its dairy production, to serve states in the south of the country.
E-commerce is in its early days in India but has the potential to be an important high-growth sales channel for manufacturers. Rapid uptake can be attributed to its convenience as it leap-frogs the development of a traditional bricks-and-mortar infrastructure. Mini Pant Zachariah investigates.
India could be gearing up to streamline its notoriously bureaucratic system of food approval, which, industry experts argue, could not only shorten routes to market but also strengthen food safety in the country. Mini Pant Zachariah reports.
The emergence of the millennial generation – those born between 1980 and the early 2000s – is set to drive how food consumption takes place in India. Within this demographic, there is, for example, a growing awareness of healthy eating. Mini Pant Zachariah looks at how food makers are responding.
Devendra Chawla, group president for food, FMCG and brands at India's Future Group, has a clear view of how the Indian branded food sector is, and has been, developing. While Indian consumers love to try new products, they prefer them to be spiced with some familiar flavours from the past. Mini Pant Zachariah caught up with Chawla to learn more about his take on the evolution of the Indian palate.
Heritage Foods, the Indian food manufacturer and retailer, is looking for companies to partner with it to grow its retail business.
Former managing director at Godrej Group, Arumugham Mahendran, has launched a new chocolate brand.
Dairy and energy sector experts are optimistic about effective cold chain solutions they say are being developed for India’s dairy sector. Speakers at a two-day seminar on New Technologies for Milk Processing, staged in Mumbai at the India International Dairy Expo last week, were upbeat on the technological advances being made in the field. However, some experts argue that India's dairy needs would be better met through an increased focus on less perishable, long-life products such as UHT. Mini Pant Zachariah reports.
Poor logistics, including a lack of infrastructure and trained manpower, keep modern branded food retail from actualising its potential in India, industry experts have warned.
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report