just-food authors and correspondents
Mini Pant Zachariah
Articles by Mini Pant Zachariah
Former managing director at Godrej Group, Arumugham Mahendran, has launched a new chocolate brand.
Dairy and energy sector experts are optimistic about effective cold chain solutions they say are being developed for India’s dairy sector. Speakers at a two-day seminar on New Technologies for Milk Processing, staged in Mumbai at the India International Dairy Expo last week, were upbeat on the technological advances being made in the field. However, some experts argue that India's dairy needs would be better met through an increased focus on less perishable, long-life products such as UHT. Mini Pant Zachariah reports.
Poor logistics, including a lack of infrastructure and trained manpower, keep modern branded food retail from actualising its potential in India, industry experts have warned.
India's smaller towns and cities are a potential lucrative and largely untapped market for branded food retailers, food giants Nestle and Cargill have said.
Retailers that provide distinctive value-for-money products will benefit from significant opportunities to grow private label sales in India, a panel of industry experts told the seventh annual Food & Grocery Forum India.
Indian dairy Parag Milk Foods is looking to expand sales of fresh products in India's northern states through joint ventures or partnerships with dairies in the region.
The deputy chief minister of India's Punjab, Sukhbir Singh Badal, has approved the setting up of four new milk processing plants in the northerly and industrialised state.
India dairy major Tirumala Milk Products is to invest INR3bn (US$55.7m) in the construction of three milk processing and packaging plants in the country.
India's plan to create a brand to promote domestically-produced meat and meat products could fail if the links between livestock producers and processors are not strengthened, Tyson Foods' local venture has warned.
India grocery and retail giant Future Group is planning to expand its KB's Fair Price corner store format across India after a successful pilot project in New Delhi.
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- UK Responsibility Deal must solve credibility gap
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- Mondelez to cut jobs at Chicago site
- Kerry adds to Mattessons' adult snacking range
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details