just-food authors and correspondents
Articles by Paula Krizanovic
Brazil's online food retail market is, as in many emerging markets, still in its infancy. However, industry watchers report it is a expanding channel and, despite challenges in logistics and distribution, retailers believe demand will grow. Paula Krizanovic reports.
A Nestle cereals and cooking ingredients plant in Venezuela has started operations again after a strike stopped production for two days, with workers resuming talks on pay.
Fruit and vegetable processor Dole Food Co. has invested US$28m in a ready-to-eat packaged vegetable plant in Colombia.
Mondelez International is tightening up operations in Argentina, announcing two transactions with local food group Molinos Rio de la Plata.
Argentina-based food group Molinos Río de la Plata has gained control of US sauces, soup and dressings producer Lucini Italia.
Mexico is a country battling diet-related health problems. The nation's diabetes right is the highest among the members of the OECD. Last year, legislation was passed for a tax on high-calorie foods. Now, food manufacturers operating in Mexico have had restrictions placed on their advertising. Paula Krizanovic reports.
Brazilian firm Vigor will attain a dairy plant local food giant BRF was building in Rio de Janeiro state, a source said today.
As Brazil's largest producer of biscuits and pasta, M. Dias Branco is the type of company that can provide notable insight into trading conditions in the country. just-food spoke to senior executive Geraldo Luciano Mattos about the group's recent performance and outlook for the economy.
Brazil's Vigor, created when meat giant JBS listed the business last year, wants to be the largest dairy company in the country. Two months ago, Vigor invested in rival Itambé, a deal that enabled it to take the number three spot in the Brazilian dairy sector. However, as Paula Krizanovic discovers, Vigor CEO Gilberto Xandó has grander ambitions for the business.
Argentine food manufacturer Arcor, which manufactures products from confectionery to jam, has entered the country's cereal market.
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report