just-food authors and correspondents
Articles by Paula Krizanovic
BRF, the Brazil-based food giant, has moved to strengthen its presence in Argentina through the acquisition of a range of brands from local group Molinos Rio de la Plata.
Brazil's economy slowed sharply in 2014 and is forecast to fall into recession this year. What impact could this have on dairy consumption in the country? Paula Krizanovic investigates.
Argentine dairy firm Verónica has launched the first milk with higher levels of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA milk) in Latin America.
Peru's Grupo Gloria has confirmed a decision to shut down its dairy plant in Nueva Helvecia, Uruguay, where it manufactured Parmalat's products under the brand Ercolat.
Brazil's online food retail market is, as in many emerging markets, still in its infancy. However, industry watchers report it is a expanding channel and, despite challenges in logistics and distribution, retailers believe demand will grow. Paula Krizanovic reports.
A Nestle cereals and cooking ingredients plant in Venezuela has started operations again after a strike stopped production for two days, with workers resuming talks on pay.
Fruit and vegetable processor Dole Food Co. has invested US$28m in a ready-to-eat packaged vegetable plant in Colombia.
Mondelez International is tightening up operations in Argentina, announcing two transactions with local food group Molinos Rio de la Plata.
Argentina-based food group Molinos Río de la Plata has gained control of US sauces, soup and dressings producer Lucini Italia.
Mexico is a country battling diet-related health problems. The nation's diabetes right is the highest among the members of the OECD. Last year, legislation was passed for a tax on high-calorie foods. Now, food manufacturers operating in Mexico have had restrictions placed on their advertising. Paula Krizanovic reports.
- How Danone aims to meet its 2020 objectives
- Greencore's food-to-go focus paying dividends
- Interview: Ritter sees growth potential in US, EU
- Mars rice policy more than crop-ticking exercise
- Will Belvita win at breakfast in China? - analysis
- Pinnacle to buy Boulder Brands in $975m deal
- Genius Foods buys UK gluten-free firm Chapel Foods
- Maple Leaf Foods to cut over 400 jobs
- Nestle combats Thai seafood supply forced labour
- Greencore profits lifted by on-the-go food focus