just-food authors and correspondents
Articles by Paula Krizanovic
Coca-Cola is in talks to buy Brazilian dairy player Laticínios Verde Campo in a move that would see the soft drinks giant enter the country's dairy sector.
Argentinian confectionery and bakery group Arcor is to take a 25% stake in local dairy firm Mastellone Hermanos.
BRF, the Brazil-based food giant, has moved to strengthen its presence in Argentina through the acquisition of a range of brands from local group Molinos Rio de la Plata.
Brazil's economy slowed sharply in 2014 and is forecast to fall into recession this year. What impact could this have on dairy consumption in the country? Paula Krizanovic investigates.
Argentine dairy firm Verónica has launched the first milk with higher levels of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA milk) in Latin America.
Peru's Grupo Gloria has confirmed a decision to shut down its dairy plant in Nueva Helvecia, Uruguay, where it manufactured Parmalat's products under the brand Ercolat.
Brazil's online food retail market is, as in many emerging markets, still in its infancy. However, industry watchers report it is a expanding channel and, despite challenges in logistics and distribution, retailers believe demand will grow. Paula Krizanovic reports.
A Nestle cereals and cooking ingredients plant in Venezuela has started operations again after a strike stopped production for two days, with workers resuming talks on pay.
Fruit and vegetable processor Dole Food Co. has invested US$28m in a ready-to-eat packaged vegetable plant in Colombia.
Mondelez International is tightening up operations in Argentina, announcing two transactions with local food group Molinos Rio de la Plata.
- Danone's global push for Danonino – interview
- How Hormel Foods can benefit from Justin's
- Colian hungry for international growth - interview
- The balancing act at Amy's Kitchen - interview
- Why trust is key in US natural food sector
- Nestle sets new savings target
- US food labels to include "added sugars" info
- ConAgra focusing on core with Spicetec sale
- Premier takes control of powders JV Knighton
- Kraft Heinz to expand US plant