just-food authors and correspondents
Articles by Paula Krizanovic
Nestlé is close to formally completing the acquisition of Garoto, 14 years of after it first struck a deal to buy the Brazilian chocolate maker.
Danone has sold its Chilean business to local food producer Watt's, the Latin American business announced today (7 September).
Argentine flour and baked goods producer Molino Cañuelas SACIFIA has confirmed the acquisition of Cargill's wheat flour division, its main competitor in the market.
Ferrero appears set to be barred from selling its Kinder chocolate eggs in Chile.
BRF has outlined plans to further expand production in Argentina, a country the Brazilian meat processor plans to use as one of its two main export bases.
Coca-Cola is in talks to buy Brazilian dairy player Laticínios Verde Campo in a move that would see the soft drinks giant enter the country's dairy sector.
Argentinian confectionery and bakery group Arcor is to take a 25% stake in local dairy firm Mastellone Hermanos.
BRF, the Brazil-based food giant, has moved to strengthen its presence in Argentina through the acquisition of a range of brands from local group Molinos Rio de la Plata.
Brazil's economy slowed sharply in 2014 and is forecast to fall into recession this year. What impact could this have on dairy consumption in the country? Paula Krizanovic investigates.
Argentine dairy firm Verónica has launched the first milk with higher levels of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA milk) in Latin America.
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti