just-food authors and correspondents
Articles by Paula Krizanovic
Nestlé is close to formally completing the acquisition of Garoto, 14 years of after it first struck a deal to buy the Brazilian chocolate maker.
Danone has sold its Chilean business to local food producer Watt's, the Latin American business announced today (7 September).
Argentine flour and baked goods producer Molino Cañuelas SACIFIA has confirmed the acquisition of Cargill's wheat flour division, its main competitor in the market.
Ferrero appears set to be barred from selling its Kinder chocolate eggs in Chile.
BRF has outlined plans to further expand production in Argentina, a country the Brazilian meat processor plans to use as one of its two main export bases.
Coca-Cola is in talks to buy Brazilian dairy player Laticínios Verde Campo in a move that would see the soft drinks giant enter the country's dairy sector.
Argentinian confectionery and bakery group Arcor is to take a 25% stake in local dairy firm Mastellone Hermanos.
BRF, the Brazil-based food giant, has moved to strengthen its presence in Argentina through the acquisition of a range of brands from local group Molinos Rio de la Plata.
Brazil's economy slowed sharply in 2014 and is forecast to fall into recession this year. What impact could this have on dairy consumption in the country? Paula Krizanovic investigates.
Argentine dairy firm Verónica has launched the first milk with higher levels of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA milk) in Latin America.
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- ABF sees further grocery revival