just-food authors and correspondents
Articles by Paula Krizanovic
Argentina-based food group Molinos Río de la Plata has gained control of US sauces, soup and dressings producer Lucini Italia.
Mexico is a country battling diet-related health problems. The nation's diabetes right is the highest among the members of the OECD. Last year, legislation was passed for a tax on high-calorie foods. Now, food manufacturers operating in Mexico have had restrictions placed on their advertising. Paula Krizanovic reports.
Brazilian firm Vigor will attain a dairy plant local food giant BRF was building in Rio de Janeiro state, a source said today.
As Brazil's largest producer of biscuits and pasta, M. Dias Branco is the type of company that can provide notable insight into trading conditions in the country. just-food spoke to senior executive Geraldo Luciano Mattos about the group's recent performance and outlook for the economy.
Brazil's Vigor, created when meat giant JBS listed the business last year, wants to be the largest dairy company in the country. Two months ago, Vigor invested in rival Itambé, a deal that enabled it to take the number three spot in the Brazilian dairy sector. However, as Paula Krizanovic discovers, Vigor CEO Gilberto Xandó has grander ambitions for the business.
Argentine food manufacturer Arcor, which manufactures products from confectionery to jam, has entered the country's cereal market.
Carrefour has moved a step closer to acquiring Argentinian low-prices supermarket chain Eki.
Kraft Foods has started to produce its Milka chocolate brand in Argentina to replace imports of the product into the country from Brazil.
The Mexican arm of Kraft Foods has opened a $50m innovation and development centre in Mexico City.
Mexican bakery giant Grupo Bimbo is to build its sixth plant in Argentina.
- BRICs and beyond: Fonterra, Beingmate partnership
- On the money: Mengniu hones in on "star" brands
- just-food interview: Agropur CEO Robert Coallier
- Comment: Competition to rise on whey investments
- Consuming issues: The hunger-obesity paradox
- Valio lactose-free trucks stopped at Russia border
- H1 profits down at dairy group FrieslandCampina
- UK firm Pasta Reale enters administration
- Bisco Misr says Kellogg eyeing majority stake
- Heinz halves sugar in ketchup launch