just-food authors and correspondents
Peter Crosskey is an English freelance who specialises in the francophone world. Based in the UK, he has been a journalist since 1986. Peter has worked on the staff of a number of trade press titles, including Fishing News, Fishing News International and The Grocer, where he was commodities editor, before turning freelance in 2001.
During the past two years he has written extensively for an EU-level group of NGOs on the ARC2020 website.
Articles by Peter Crosskey
Talks are under way between Mondelez International's French arm and trade union negotiators over staffing changes arising from the pending sale of five production sites to investment company Eurazeo.
French retailers are lining up to show their support for the introduction of a national charter for responsible supplier relations.
The French competition authorities today (6 November) announced two distinct lines of inquiry into the planned purchasing partnerships between Casino and Intermarche and between Auchan and Systeme U.
French food manufacturers have hit back at claims from the country's grocery retail association that suppliers are set to extract price rises from retail buyers, pushing up shopping bills.
Michel-Edouard Leclerc, the president of French retailer E.Leclerc, has said the group is planning to become the first food retailer in France to issue virtual receipts.
French President François Hollande has demanded EU labelling requirements for meat in ready meals.
Just days before the first round of parliamentary elections, the new French government faces a domestic financial crisis that threatens to tear a gaping hole in the country's rural infrastructure, writes Peter Crosskey.
French supermarket chain Intermarché has said it remains committed to landing and processing its own fish and seafood even after a fire destroyed one of its plants in Brittany.
French Agriculture Minister Bruno Le Maire has threatened to boycott this year's Anuga trade show after a decision to stop foie gras producers from exhibiting at the event.
Michel Edouard Leclerc, the head of eponymous French retailer E. Leclerc, has responded angrily to proposed laws that could make it easier for independent retailers to change fascia.
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- General Mills to invest in "growth businesses"
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- Nestle's focus on food for health - interview
- Nestle names new CEO
- UPDATE: Hershey rejects Mondelez takeover
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Healthier food a major opportunity for food makers
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights
- ForeSights: Edible Cutlery; Cutlery made out of food-grade materials instead of plastic
- Fast Food in India