just-food authors and correspondents
Articles by Poorna Rodrigo
Indian dairy co-op Amul has told just-food it is hoping to soon secure Russian government approval to export to the country, which has banned products from markets including the EU.
Indian conglomerate ITC has confirmed it plans to open dairy plants in seven Indian states - with the first site set to open in Bihar before the end of the year.
Indian dairy giant Amul is gearing up for growth. The company is preparing a push into the value-added nutraceuticals sector in India while, further afield, the co-operative intends to start manufacturing in Europe and Singapore by early 2016. Newly-appointed managing director Dr K Rathnam speaks to just-food about Amul's future.
A fully-automated milk processing plant set to start operations next month will double Gujarat-based Rajkot Dairy's capacity to 600,000 litres managing director Ashish Sinha has told just-food.
Indian dairy cooperative Amul said it has solved a "misunderstanding" that sparked protests by farmers at its Anand headquarters this week.
Indian multi-sector corporation ITC has confirmed to just-food it is planning to open an integrated food and consumer goods manufacturing and logistics facility in the northern state of Punjab.
The Dutch Dairy Association (NZO) has attacked Russian officials for publicly criticising Dutch dairy food standards, without making formal complaints.
FrieslandCampina has requested the European Commission's approval to acquire Mywo Food Group-owned cheese specialist Zijerveld & Veldhuyzen and its packaging unit Den Hollander Food.
- Why Nestle is relaxed about the China "drag"
- Focus: Will Danone return to growth in dairy?
- SIAL 2014: Greek yoghurt firm Fage targets Europe
- SIAL: French firm Michel et Augustin to enter US
- Focus: Why French retail deals could hit suppliers
- SIAL 2014: Premier in talks over US manufacturing
- Symington's acquires Tanfield Foods
- Danone "eyes acquisition of Mead Johnson"
- Kellogg, Nestle slammed for "chaotic" salt policy
- Heinz silent over Polish factory expansion talk