just-food authors and correspondents
Articles by Raghavendra Verma
Milk producers in the Indian state of Odisha aim to double their production in the next five years, setting up four plants to cover local demand.
India's new BJP government has reduced taxes on food processing and packaging machines however the industry is still not happy and is demanding more significant benefits.
Getting products on shelves is a significant challenge for food manufacturers and retailers in India, where an under-developed supply chain hampers such efforts. International food groups and logistics companies are working to overcome the lack of infrastructure and, for companies who can offer solutions, a significant commercial opportunity exists. Raghavendra Verma reports.
India's cement and agricultural equipment maker Kisan Group has entered the processed food business, making salty snacks in Gujarat.
India's Banaskantha District Cooperative Milk Producers' Union, a member of the Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation that owns the popular Amul brand, is to set up two more dairy plants.
Lotte Confectionery is to set up a new plant in India to manufacture Choco Pie chocolate covered cream-filled biscuits, the South Korean company's most popular snack brand in the country.
India's Banaskantha District Cooperative Milk Producers' Union, a member of the Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation, which owns the popular Amul brand, is setting up a processing unit near New Delhi.
Coca-Cola Co. is entering India's dairy sector with a milkshake extension of its popular Maaza Mango juice brand.
Indian dairy Kwality is seeking an investment of US$80m to grow its milk procurement network in north India, just-food understands.
The chairman of India's Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation, the company behind the Amul brand, has been removed from his post it has been confirmed.
- BRICs and beyond: Fonterra, Beingmate partnership
- Comment: Competition to rise on whey investments
- On the money: Mengniu hones in on "star" brands
- just-food interview: Agropur CEO Robert Coallier
- Consuming issues: The hunger-obesity paradox
- Valio lactose-free trucks stopped at Russia border
- Heinz halves sugar in ketchup launch
- Bisco Misr says Kellogg eyeing majority stake
- H1 profits down at dairy group FrieslandCampina
- Olam sells Cote d'Ivoire dairy to FrieslandCampina
- China - ISA Country Report
- New Strategies for offering Convenience in Food - targeting new occasions, best practice and new solutions
- Other Dairy in Russia
- David Chapman's Ice Cream Ltd in Packaged Food (Canada)
- Global Food and Grocery Retailing, 2013-2018: Market Dynamics, Retail Trends and Competitive Landscape