just-food authors and correspondents
Articles by Raghavendra Verma
Indian food and tobacco major ITC is setting up a US$70m packaged foods and confectionery plant in the eastern state of Odisha.
Indian processed food company Mother Dairy will launch its first frozen snack - Aloo Tikki, a potato-based Indian delicacy - nationwide by the end of this year, a company executive has told just-food.
Indian condiment and snacks maker Cremica Food Industries is building a new factory in the northern state of Himachal Pradesh, which could double its production capacity in two years, just-food has been told.
Indian bulk dairy producer Kwality, the owner of the Dairy Best brand, is expanding further in the country's consumer dairy sector with new products and expanded manufacturing facilities.
India may be the world's largest raw milk producer but the dairy sector is marked by poor on-farm efficiency and low productivity. The country's dominant co-operatives have struggled to improve the model employed by their farmer members. But, with a step-up in investment on the horizon, could all this change? Raghavendra Verma reports.
India's poor road network and lack of investment in cold chain infrastructure have long challenged the country’s dairy industry, highlighting the value for companies of undertaking the tough task of establish their own milk collection.
Milk producers in the Indian state of Odisha aim to double their production in the next five years, setting up four plants to cover local demand.
India's new BJP government has reduced taxes on food processing and packaging machines however the industry is still not happy and is demanding more significant benefits.
Getting products on shelves is a significant challenge for food manufacturers and retailers in India, where an under-developed supply chain hampers such efforts. International food groups and logistics companies are working to overcome the lack of infrastructure and, for companies who can offer solutions, a significant commercial opportunity exists. Raghavendra Verma reports.
India's cement and agricultural equipment maker Kisan Group has entered the processed food business, making salty snacks in Gujarat.
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Food marketing firmly on UK political agenda
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Campbell aligns structure with growth objectives
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report