just-food authors and correspondents
Articles by Raghavendra Verma
The Indian venture between Danone and Yakult is expanding its production capacity of probiotic fermented milk in response to rising demand.
India’s Devyani Food Industries Private Ltd is expanding its Cream Bell ice cream brand nationally, aiming to double its sales in the next five years.
The Indian government is set to approve the establishment of 18 new 'mega food parks', linking farms to manufacturers and markets through a network of collection centres and primary processing centres.
Indian food and tobacco major ITC is setting up a US$70m packaged foods and confectionery plant in the eastern state of Odisha.
Indian processed food company Mother Dairy will launch its first frozen snack - Aloo Tikki, a potato-based Indian delicacy - nationwide by the end of this year, a company executive has told just-food.
Indian condiment and snacks maker Cremica Food Industries is building a new factory in the northern state of Himachal Pradesh, which could double its production capacity in two years, just-food has been told.
Indian bulk dairy producer Kwality, the owner of the Dairy Best brand, is expanding further in the country's consumer dairy sector with new products and expanded manufacturing facilities.
India may be the world's largest raw milk producer but the dairy sector is marked by poor on-farm efficiency and low productivity. The country's dominant co-operatives have struggled to improve the model employed by their farmer members. But, with a step-up in investment on the horizon, could all this change? Raghavendra Verma reports.
India's poor road network and lack of investment in cold chain infrastructure have long challenged the country’s dairy industry, highlighting the value for companies of undertaking the tough task of establish their own milk collection.
Milk producers in the Indian state of Odisha aim to double their production in the next five years, setting up four plants to cover local demand.
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Indonesia - Sweet and sour of confectionery sector
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- China implements new safety regulations
- BRF to buy certain Molinos Rio de la Plata brands
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- Chilled Processed Food Packaging in the United Kingdom