just-food authors and correspondents
Articles by Raghavendra Verma
India's largest milk brand Amul has partnered with Amazon to try to grow the sales in the US for its more specialised dairy products, including clarified butter ghee and Indian dessert gulab jamun.
India’s food standards authority is said to be considering new regulations that mandate the fortification of basic food items such as milk, wheat flour and cooking oil with micronutrients, just-food has been told.
Operating one of India's largest food companies is no simple task, Suresh Narayanan, the chairman and managing director of Nestle India, tells just-food in an exclusive interview at his business' headquarters, near New Delhi. The company faces an array of challenges in the market – from the recent Maggi recall, to intensifying competition, to issues like obesity and diabetes. Narayanan shares how the Switzerland-based food giant is responding in the country.
The demand for processed and packaged food is growing among India's young, often aspirational and fast-expanding population. Nestle is targeting double-digit annual growth in the country in the coming years. Suresh Narayanan, the chairman and MD of Nestle's operations in India, speaks to just-food about how the company intends to reach that goal, using innovation and an advanced digital strategy.
India’s branded poultry manufacturers are nervously awaiting an inflow of imported poultry products from US, warning they may lose significant market share to cheap imports
Indian food and tobacco major ITC is establishing two new production units in its home state of West Bengal to make branded noodles, snacks, chips, biscuits and wheat flour.
Indian breakfast cereal maker Bagrry’s India Ltd is launching company-owned stores, with its first quick service restaurant to open in February in New Delhi.
The Indian venture between Danone and Yakult is expanding its production capacity of probiotic fermented milk in response to rising demand.
India’s Devyani Food Industries Private Ltd is expanding its Cream Bell ice cream brand nationally, aiming to double its sales in the next five years.
The Indian government is set to approve the establishment of 18 new 'mega food parks', linking farms to manufacturers and markets through a network of collection centres and primary processing centres.
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Freedom Foods Group nears M&A in Oz, North America
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Chocolate (Confectionery) Market in Belgium - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020