just-food authors and correspondents
Articles by Richard Woodard
Millennial consumers are a cohort attracting the attention of a growing number of consumer goods companies. Richard Woodard considers the relationship between brands and those seen as having been born from the early 1980s to the early 2000s.
Consumer packaged goods companies are paying increasing attention to the consumer group dubbed millennials. Management consultants at The Boston Consulting Group have analysed the millennial cohort in the US and sought to provide insight into their behaviour. Richard Woodard digs into the study to see how the behaviour has evolved in recent years.
A costly data breach hit profits at US retail giant Target Corporation in the fourth quarter but also impacted consumer confidence and traffic.
Retailer Wal-Mart de Mexico, known locally as Walmex, saw its fourth-quarter net profit drop thanks to price cuts and falling consumer confidence.
Increasing comparable store sales in the US, improving international returns and reducing expenses are the key strategic objectives for retail giant Wal-Mart Stores, investors have been told.
You can take your pick of French apothegms: "Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose," or, more succinctly: "Déjà vu." Either way, industry analysts casting their critical eye over Carrefour's latest strategic revamp could be forgiven for thinking they've been here before, writes Richard Woodard.
At least one in ten of all UK retailers has been impacted by riots and looting during the past few days of civil unrest, according to analysis by the Local Data Company.
A clutch of the UK's largest food retailers this week revealed how they had performed over the Christmas period, when the country saw some of its worst weather for 20 years. As Richard Woodard reports, there were clear winners and losers.
Perhaps the most striking aspect of Marks and Spencer's second-quarter sales figures was not so much their strength as the company's keen desire to manage expectations for the rest of the year.
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report