just-food authors and correspondents
Articles by Richard Woodard
A costly data breach hit profits at US retail giant Target Corporation in the fourth quarter but also impacted consumer confidence and traffic.
Retailer Wal-Mart de Mexico, known locally as Walmex, saw its fourth-quarter net profit drop thanks to price cuts and falling consumer confidence.
Increasing comparable store sales in the US, improving international returns and reducing expenses are the key strategic objectives for retail giant Wal-Mart Stores, investors have been told.
You can take your pick of French apothegms: "Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose," or, more succinctly: "Déjà vu." Either way, industry analysts casting their critical eye over Carrefour's latest strategic revamp could be forgiven for thinking they've been here before, writes Richard Woodard.
At least one in ten of all UK retailers has been impacted by riots and looting during the past few days of civil unrest, according to analysis by the Local Data Company.
A clutch of the UK's largest food retailers this week revealed how they had performed over the Christmas period, when the country saw some of its worst weather for 20 years. As Richard Woodard reports, there were clear winners and losers.
Perhaps the most striking aspect of Marks and Spencer's second-quarter sales figures was not so much their strength as the company's keen desire to manage expectations for the rest of the year.
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Prospects for protein: Snacks growth to continue
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Bird flu leads Dutch to stop poultry distribution
- Live blog: Food Matters Live
- Arla eyes infant formula firms with lactose plant
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- Dairy Product Production in China
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report